Chuwit Kamolvisit: Thailand’s ‘super-pimp’ turned sensational whistleblower

webfact

1 hour ago, carlyai said:

I think it's just a diversion. Loepards don't change their spots.

One thing is for sure in Thailand, you only get as big as you're allowed to. Don't go further and you're OK. Go further and then the rug gets pulled out.

Everything's a diversion - 

On 2/11/2023 at 10:36 AM, webfact said:

Once a self-declared “super pimp”, Chuwit has evolved from a massage-parlour tycoon to become a politician, a convict, a TV talk-show host, and a crusader against Thailand’s chronic corruption.

Why is he listened to?  I realise he has information that people are being forced to act upon, but he is surely guilty of most of the things he is talking about!

On 2/11/2023 at 1:43 PM, TheFishman1 said:

Yeah, that guy should definitely be the p.m.

If he was PM he wouldn't be blowing the whistle on anything as he would be benefitting from it.

The sudden change of heart suggests that he is grassing up all his old pals because he has stepped away from that world somewhat.

27 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

Why is he listened to?  I realise he has information that people are being forced to act upon, but he is surely guilty of most of the things he is talking about!

It is very intriguing. Considering the game he was previously in, he has partaken in and knows  how bad it all really is, who was involved etc (Except those he outlived!). That is why he is worth listening to..... But surely if he names names, the dirt can be thrown back. Interesting times!

9 hours ago, herfiehandbag said:

At the moment he is a "thorn in their sides", a nuisance. If and when there is a real threat to their power, and income, then he will be dealt with.

I suspect that there is some very high level "staff planning" being urgently conducted, on how to deal with the inevitable side effects of "dealing with him". Once they have a plan, which they think is viable, then they will take action.

There will of course be "collateral damage", and I am sure that some who are senior, but not quite senior enough, will be glancing nervously around their offices. Their will be scapegoats - but they can be taken care of when things die down. Reputations may be damaged, but so can bank accounts, which are the more important? Remember those at the top are completely ruthless - that is why they are at the top.

Once they think that they can manage the fallout, they will pull the plug.

The problem will come if they believe that they can manage the fallout, pull the plug,  and then realise that they can't actually manage the fallout.

If that happens, then they will not be able to put the genie back in the bottle.

8 hours ago, zzaa09 said:

Just a different kind of scallywaggery, but one nonetheless. 

Skullduggery may appear in a variety of forms, yet the parent club remains under the same umbrella. 

What should be astounding and perplexing is that too many aren't able to comprehend this.

scallywaggery what a lovely term.

I wish I had thought of it.

• Like 1

I think Chuwit is acting on the direction of someone higher up the political food chain and this is part of the jockeying for position in advance of the upcoming elections. I can see how it would be advantageous to have your man at the top of the RTP and its money volcano when elections are at hand.

I can't see Chuwit doing this without cover from those well above his station.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 2/11/2023 at 11:43 AM, findlay13 said:

He should be P.M.

PM may be a bridge too far for him politically. I hope that the next elected government will make him the Police Commissioner. The qualification need not come from rank and file. He can be hired based on his corporate executive position. He is doing a excellent job exposing police corruption at a risk to his life. As a Commissioner, he will be have his security protection. The role fits him as the voice of the people and has the power to hold the police to account. Police Commissioner key aims are to cut down crimes and deliver an effective and efficient police service within the police force. The current Police Commissioner appointed by the junta is doing practically nothing.