How long passport validity needed on date of application or issue of NON O renewals please?

If you want the full 12 months extension you need >12 months validity left.

The rule is they will only issue your extension up to the expiry date of your PP. Once you get your new PP you need to do a new extension.

Better organise your new PP in plenty of time.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

If you are referring to obtaining an annual extension then correct answer is given above.

Unless you can obtain a new passport prior to expiry of your current permission of stay then it would hardly be worthwhile to obtain an extension. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, RubbaJohnny said:

Mine will expire a about 3 months after earliest date my office will accept renewals, they took 7 weeks las time. 

Mine is due to expire Jul 24 so in Nov I will just accept the reduced extension. Will let the passport expire, renew in the UK and return on a new visa.

Last PP renewal I did in Thailand and took over 11 weeks, not going to do that again.

11 hours ago, sandyf said:

Mine is due to expire Jul 24 so in Nov I will just accept the reduced extension. Will let the passport expire, renew in the UK and return on a new visa.

Last PP renewal I did in Thailand and took over 11 weeks, not going to do that again.

Takes about 3 wks at present. VFS will tell you 11 or earlier.

11 hours ago, Letseng said:

Takes about 3 wks at present. VFS will tell you 11 or earlier.

I wouldn't trust VFS on anything.

A bit the same with the embassy. When I had a problem before the embassy intervened and helped out but that was before they moved the consular dept to India.

I would be going to the UK anyway so no bit deal.