Scotland’s first minister Nicola Sturgeon resigns after eight years

35 minutes ago, 2009 said:

What I don't understand is how this woke thing has spread so far and so fast.

Welcome to the club.

It seems the woke mob is extreme loud on the internet. If you say anything which upsets them then they make a tremendous amount of noise. It seems that is at least one of the reasons why many politicians don't say: enough is enough, not with me!

40 minutes ago, 2009 said:

What I don't understand is how this woke thing has spread so far and so fast.

If you voice any disagreement then you will be labelled with at least three "ists" and one "obic" and calls for you to be silenced , so its better to keep quiet .

So the woke ideology has spread because people fear the consequences of giving an opposing opinion 

• Like 1

Whatever one thinks of Sturgeon, I think that it has to be acknowledged that she has been a very successful politican. I don't mean that she has necessarily left Scotland in a better state than it was before she took office - those living in Scotland are best placed to make that judgement - but what she has done is keep the issue of Scottish independence in the news.

I doubt that either would thank me for the comparison but - in this regard -  she reminds me of Nigel Farage. Imo without Farage Brexit wouldn't have happened. Without Sturgeon, Scottish independence would be largely forgotten about by the English establishment and media (Blackford probably deserves an honorary mention as well).

• 3 months later...
36 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

Latest poll - support for the SNP falls but they still remain the dominant party in Scotland; the union still seen as least preferred future for our country. 

4f18e091e83ee4ca9a0ff22927d96de9-1684913166-1024x576.jpg.9041c7d85f9ac215e79ae41809199166.jpg

https://news.stv.tv/politics/ipsos-stv-poll-snp-support-falls-in-wake-of-nicola-sturgeon-resignation-and-police-finance-probe

Her daughter would be so proud.

Fan Dabi Dozi :giggle:

• Haha 1