A felony for doctors to provide treatment to transgender teens under the age of 18.

Social Media

I'm terrified': Teen's plea to Idaho lawmakers banning transgender treatment for minors

The Idaho House has passed a bill that would make it a felony for doctors to provide treatment to transgender teens under the age of 18. CNN's Jake Tapper speaks to Eve Devitt, a transgender teen directly impacted by the bill.
06:10 - Source: CNN
  • Like 1

This ruling will lead to much suffering and misery for these unfortunate outcasts I fear it will lead some to take their lives and don’t spout republican (delet)about not wanting big government they don’t belong trying to regulate something like this a major overreach imo and political theater 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Good move.

Minors should be prevented from making life changing changes to their bodies before their mind has fully matured.

https://nypost.com/2022/06/18/detransitioned-teens-explain-why-they-regret-changing-genders/

image.png.012ea0ff4c2bd7c6eea829a4579930a3.png

I agree 100%. Children are not mature enough to make those decisions IMO, and parents are not always "good", to be trusted to make those decisions for them.

If anyone wants to change gender, outwardly, they can still do so when they become adults.

Not so long ago, no one had that option at any age, and society survived.

• Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

27 minutes ago, Social Media said:

I'm terrified': Teen's plea to Idaho lawmakers banning transgender treatment for minors

I'm boggled that a teen would be terrified of not being given life changing surgery or medical treatment, that IMO they are too immature to consent to. Just how does a teen become so indoctrinated at an age they should be worried about school exams and finding their way to adulthood?

• Love It 1

11 minutes ago, Tug said:

This ruling will lead to much suffering and misery for these unfortunate outcasts I fear it will lead some to take their lives and don’t spout republican (delet)about not wanting big government they don’t belong trying to regulate something like this a major overreach imo and political theater 

If minors want to dress like the opposite gender, boys wearing skirts, makeup etc. then they are free to do so. 

But allowing them to make permanent, life changing modifications to their bodies before they've stopped developing mentally is deeply irresponsible IMO. So they can't drink, can't get a tattoo, can't vote but they can get their breasts/penis removed? Nah, that's ridiculous.

• Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

This isn't a LGBQXYZ+ issue, it's a children's rights issue of parents knowing what's best for their children, until they are adults.   You need parents consent for any medical procedure or surgery on a child.  This should not be different

We all know teens are so mature and never change their mind:

... I want to be an astronaut

... I want to be a nurse

... I want to be a fireman

... I want to be a lawyer

... I want to be president

... I want to save the world

... I want to be a priest

... I want to change my sex

Changing you mind is easy after thinking it through or experience something new ... changing your body back, not so much.

Edited by KhunLA
  • Thanks 2

The Devil, as is so often the case, is in the detail.

What does ‘provide treatment’ mean?

Is a doctor that provides counseling to a child experiencing gender dysmorphia breaking the law?

What about hormone therapy ?

Are hormone therapies provided to the growing number of children exhibiting very early puberty to be disallowed of the child has expressed gender dysmorphia?

The State of Idaho has a population of under 2 million, how many children in Idaho are undergoing any kind of gender transition treatments?

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

The Devil, as is so often the case, is in the detail.

What does ‘provide treatment’ mean?

Is a doctor that provides counseling to a child experiencing gender dysmorphia breaking the law?

What about hormone therapy ?

Are hormone therapies provided to the growing number of children exhibiting very early puberty to be disallowed of the child has expressed gender dysmorphia?

The State of Idaho has a population of under 2 million, how many children in Idaho are undergoing any kind of gender transition treatments?

Not many I’m sure it’s more theater to get the outrage grievance vote they don’t have anything else 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

This isn't a LGBQXYZ+ issue, it's a children's rights issue of parents knowing what's best for their children, until they are adults.   You need parents consent for any medical procedure or surgery on a child.  This should not be different

We all know teens are so mature and never change their mind:

... I want to be an astronaut

... I want to be a nurse

... I want to be a fireman

... I want to be a lawyer

... I want to be president

... I want to save the world

... I want to be a priest

... I want to change my sex

Changing you mind is easy after thinking it through or experience something new ... changing your body back, not so much.

Which is also true for cosmetic surgery.

Oddly missing from this legislation.