Old lady in NE says electrical wires suddenly burst into flames as she had dinner

webfact

1-แบบปกใส่คำพูด-New-2023-02-21T220418.527-768x433.jpg

Daily News Thai Caption: Fire..electric wires

A 72 year old lady who lives alone in the Sri Chomcheun community in Muang district of Nong Khai, NE Thailand, said she was having her dinner last night when electrical wiring by the walls suddenly burst into flames.

Sai Jakwa yelled for her neighbors to help and the police and fire brigade managed to arrive in time.

IMG_7522-1024x577.jpg
Picture: Daily News

She was fine and her home only suffered superficial fire damage.

An investigation is underway.

Pictures published by Daily News showed a tangle of wires outside her home.

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2023-02-22

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information

IMG_7526-1024x577.jpg

IMG_7524-1024x577.jpg

IMG_7543-1-1024x577.jpg

• Sad 1

The Non-Story of the Day Award goes to.... But electrical wiring bursting into flames? In Thailand? Must be fake news.

But it did remind me of when I was at home in the UK, and I went upstairs to the toilet. And as I went to go back downstairs I noticed that in a room I passed the cord hanging the light from the ceiling was on fire. It had only just happened as it was okay when I passed on the way to the toilet, but you can imagine the consequences if I'd have 'held it in' and stayed downstairs. Talk about lucky timing!

17 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

The Non-Story of the Day Award goes to.... But electrical wiring bursting into flames? In Thailand? Must be fake news.

But it did remind me of when I was at home in the UK, and I went upstairs to the toilet. And as I went to go back downstairs I noticed that in a room I passed the cord hanging the light from the ceiling was on fire. It had only just happened as it was okay when I passed on the way to the toilet, but you can imagine the consequences if I'd have 'held it in' and stayed downstairs. Talk about lucky timing!

Or delayed the visit to the toilet a little and had to stop to put out the fire on the way..

could have been messy.

• Haha 1