Why Electric Bill When Breaker Is Turned Off?

HappyExpat57

I have a condo I use strictly for storage so I have the electric breaker turned off. I still get a charge anywhere from 26 to 43 baht every month. Obviously this will not break the bank, I'm not even mildly annoyed, just curious - why? I could understand if there's a basic monthly charge, but the different costs have me scratching my head.

Any ideas as to why out there?

44 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

There is a 'monthly fee' on mine,  which was 33.29 baht last 3 months, 46.16 baht the month prior.. Not related to consumption. It may vary due to number of days in the billing cycle.

Mine is 24.62 no matter how many days in the billing cycle.

2 minutes ago, warrima said:

Ye a friend has been in the USA since covid started and i check in on his condo periodically. Lecky bill is always 30 to 40 baht a month and there is nothing plugged in. 

Whether there is any usage or not, there is a monthly minimum service charge on water and electric (actually many countries do this)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CygnusX1 said:

Compare Australia, where the electricity service charge is around $50 per month. I love the fixed charge of less than $2 a month for my currently unoccupied condo in Jomtien.

$50 per month? I only pay about $90 for 2 months electricity you must live in the eastern states 

9 hours ago, still kicking said:

$50 per month? I only pay about $90 for 2 months electricity you must live in the eastern states 

Yes, NSW. I assume your $90 for 2 months is your entire bill, including electricity use. Even when I’ve been at home for the whole month, the fixed service charge amounts to over 40% of my total bill. Doesn’t seem like a rational way of encouraging people to use less electricity.

• Thumbs Up 1

My friends condo is three units wide.  It has 3 water meters and 3 electric meters.  With nothing on, or water running, there is a monthly meter fee for each meter, plus trash is tied to the water meter fees.  Yes, trash is charge for each meter even though there is only one condo.