Bangkok-based diplomats show support for Ukraine

snoop1130

12 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Wonder if this made anyone in the Thai diplomatic corps uncomfortable? They have exhibited a huge lack of morality and a huge degree of cowardice on this issue. 

This is an European issue, nothing to do with Thailand. I’m glad Thailand, like most of the world, is neutral on this.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 6
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Wonder if this made anyone in the Thai diplomatic corps uncomfortable? They have exhibited a huge lack of morality and a huge degree of cowardice on this issue. 

And the Thai coup master was where?

11 hours ago, Hamus Yaigh said:

How out of touch with reality. The UN just voted massively against the invasion. It is nothing to do with being a European issue, it's a right vs wrong issue. Being neutral is not an option and is the same as being wrong.

UN, yeah right. Everyone I know could not care less about this proxy war. That, is reality.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Gweiloman said:

UN, yeah right. Everyone I know could not care less about this proxy war. That, is reality.

That may be your reality it is not the reality of 141 countries in the UN who voted just 2 days ago to condemn Russia and asking for Moscows immediate withdrawal.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 2/25/2023 at 10:32 AM, Fortean1 said:

radiochaser, I see jungle boots.  Vietnam or Thailand radio intercept guy?

The picture isn't me, but I worked in the same hut in Vietnam and  a fixed base in Thailand.     

05D20, Special Identification Techniques Operator.  Trained in the art of Radio Direction Finding (RDF) to locate high frequency (HF or shortwave) radio transmitters and Identifying individual radio transmitters using Radio Fingerprinting.  A little over 2 years experience locating enemy transmitters (not just Vietnamese).  

I worked as a civilian for the government for 23 years, with duties that also included  radio direction finding of HF transmitters, fixed base and mobile transmitters in the U.S. of A., including marine vessels on both Pacific and Atlantic oceans, aircraft, and other transmitters that might be in North, Central and South America as well as Europe, Africa, the Soviet Union, and all parts of Asia, if the signals could be heard. 

Government work included RDF of VHF and UHF signals using a mobile RDF vehicle.   One duty of the work was traffic analysis, intelligence collection and analysis of the collected intelligence.