Long queue at Hua Hin immigration

Just dropped a friend at Hua Hin immigration at Bluport, for visa extensions. Nice shiny office with lots of desks, but only one desk occupied. Long queue, with lots of people waiting for hours.

Went there the next day again, just to have a look. Same same.

A bit disrespectful, to say the least. Best is to come say 3 p.m., they close at 5, so they'll process the applicant before closing time.

I went to the BluPort office at 1216 (accoding to the queing ticket I received) on Friday 17th, February, and there were only about 8 people waiting, and several more being processed.  I needed to do a 90-day report.  At about 1225 I was walking out of BluPort, report completed.  No complaints from me.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JimHuaHin said:

I went to the BluPort office at 1216 (accoding to the queing ticket I received) on Friday 17th, February, and there were only about 8 people waiting, and several more being processed.  I needed to do a 90-day report.  At about 1225 I was walking out of BluPort, report completed.  No complaints from me.

Yeah 90-day report is probably a different queue letter, not D...

Funnily enough, when checking the queue yesterday by chance I met another friend who was stuck. Every seat outside in the waiting area taken and, yes, one officer working. Might have been your lucky Friday 17th!

3 hours ago, KhunLA said:

If OP dropped off friend, how would he/she/it know how long the Q lasted.   Would think most there, expats, for 90 day pulse check, takes all of 5 mins, maybe.   

After a few days in HH, what tourist would extend to stay longer ????

Beats  waiting out in HOT sun in Patong and going to out of the way BKK immigration by a long shot. You can get a TM 30 from staying just one night in Hua Hin. Except for the Swedes I think no one stays very long.  You don't have to stay any one place for the entire 30 days and I'm sure you must know this!! But for sure I felt like a complete young baby ( in my 50's lol) waiting there.  I mean this crowd is older than Biden. 

Edited by alex8912
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Venom said:

I don't miss the hassle but at least it's inside and somewhat insulated from the horrendous air pollution outside. 

Screenshot_20230228-214220.thumb.png.6846c17d9a8552d5848006b502e340a1.png

True that, just wiped down the mosquito net doors, black, within a few days... weather pattern in general seems very strange this year, usually mid to end of January the wind season changes, also the direction of the waves. Now is March, still no southernly winds and the wave direction is still undecided. So let's bunker down at Bluport immigration and enjoy the aircon. Would usually be kiteboarding this time around, waiting for the change of wind – which bring the clean air.

4 hours ago, Lucky Bones said:

Sounds like my infrequent shopping at Big C, Makro, Tesco etc.

Shopping takes 5 minutes & checkout 30 minutes.

Disrespectful? I don't think so.????????

Only one desk open? That's not respectful, since it's still kind of high season and visitors are made to wait unnecessarily. Oh and the recent long queues at Suvarnabhumi immigration all the way down to the automated walkways, similarly disrespectful. Staff the desks, problems solved, people don't have to spend a holiday day for paperwork.

5 minutes ago, heiri007 said:

Only one desk open? That's not respectful, since it's still kind of high season and visitors are made to wait unnecessarily. Oh and the recent long queues at Suvarnabhumi immigration all the way down to the automated walkways, similarly disrespectful. Staff the desks, problems solved, people don't have to spend a holiday day for paperwork.

If anyone is wearing any type of uniform, (esp the look-alike military ones with a dozen 20 baht shop medals), you must respect their authority.

Thailand thrives on multiple copies of paperwork. Take a book and relax.????????

• Haha 1

Dan Singkhon Immigration Office is completely empty. Took 10 minutes to extend my visa.  The only problem was that they do no accept FOLDED documents so i had to go and photo copy again down the road. Also they do not speak a lick of english.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1