Can anyone tell me how to make a consumer complaint about a Thai Company?

Negita43

7 minutes ago, Negita43 said:

Yes maybe that's sensible BUT I'm more than annoyed first their suppliers send me products not as described and not working then they try to stop the refund but I had evidence to back up my claim so they had to admit the refund  and now they are being difficult. So I am very annoyed and I am going to try to get my pound of flesh.

I was under the impression that only Cash on Delivery items were refunded to your Wallet. All others go back to Card or Bank. No?

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Negita43 said:

So you know how much money is involved eh?

And yes wether I am a Westerner or a Thai I should be allowed to expect that Lazada will do what it says it will do or are you an entitled westerner who rolls over so easy?

It’s clear for all to see that you are annoyed, even angry. 
But don’t be. A voucher is actually a good option, if somewhat inflexible. So don’t accept until you are ready to purchase something, as you will have to use the whole amount at once. 
Otherwise you will continue to upset yourself. It’s not worth it. You are in Thailand to relax; so relax. It’s only money. Your nerves and health are worth much more. Go to do something more relaxing and breath it out. 

• Thumbs Up 2

I fully understand your concerns about Apps - I have the very minimum possible on my phone simply because I believe the security available on my laptop is superior.  However, in this case, why not download the App, take the refund then delete the App?

• Thumbs Up 2

Further to my previous post and on Apps in general - fight as we might, we are all being forced into having these damned Apps for just about everything we do.  Kaskikorn for example, are busy making regular changes to their electronic banking offer - I would not be at all surpised if they end 'normal' online banking before long and transfer all their services to their App.

Likewise, I don't want a contactless debit card on my UK bank account and so far have done OK without one - I'm happy with Chip & Pin.  However, I visited my local Asda supermarket in the UK last week and tried to purchase a coffee from their new vending machine - cannot, contactless payments only! Could this be the start of being forced to use contactless?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, mikebike said:

No, but struggling with your weird decision-making ????

Whatever happened to 'choice'? Why should anyone be forced to dowload something on to their phone to simply access goods or services?

Don't tell me Apps are secure. How many databases have been 'hacked' in recent years when people had been told their data was secure? For me, my phone is my phone and I use it for communication only. 

There's also the fact that so many companies want you to have their 'App' these days that you often have to buy a new phone with a bigger memory - that happened to me, I was perfectly happy with my old A17 - nice and compact but low on memory. However, as a phone and communication tool (the reason I have a phone) it was fine. I was forced to buy a new one - much bigger of course, won't fit in my pocket and now my new that's filling up fast.

Where does it end?

Edited by KhaoYai
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, KhaoYai said:

Likewise, I don't want a contactless debit card ... Could this be the start of being forced to use contactless?

I haven't found a reason to be concerned with contactless payments using Apple Pay (I wouldn't go near anything else) but I certainly have not, and will never, be adding a debit card as I never use "debit cards" as anything other than an ATM card. Credit card via Apply Pay is fast and secure.

5 minutes ago, KhaoYai said:

Whatever happened to 'choice'? Why should anyone be forced to dowload something on to their phone to simply access goods or services?

Don't tell me Apps are secure. How many databases have been 'hacked' in recent years when people had been told their data was secure? For me, my phone is my phone and I use it for communication only. 

There's also the fact that so many companies want you to have their 'App' these days that you often have to buy a new phone with a bigger memory - that happened to me, I was perfectly happy with my old A17 - nice and compact but low on memory. However, as a phone and communication tool (the reason I have a phone) it was fine. I was forced to buy a new one - much bigger of course, won't fit in my pocket and now my new that's filling up fast.

Where does it end?

What world are you living on? Since when have you had "choice" when dealing with corporate entities? You get the customer service the give - full stop. 

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, spongeworthy said:

Easier for the people gathering and selling your data + easier for you to give them your data.

Win Win?

I haven't got any data worth buying.  555

1 hour ago, Negita43 said:

I have been talking on the phone and by email with Lazada for over a month without any progress. They keep saying the money is being sent in 3 to 5 days but it NEVER happens so doing anything via Lazada will get me nowhere.

Sometimes simply mentioning that you will refer the matter to the OCPB is enough.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1