Should co-owners pay for EV scooter charging.

Cricky

The outlets should be covered. Outlets placed there for convenience of cleaning crews, vehicle owners to use if needed.

The intention of plugs is was not to charge individual batteries of individual people to be used off premises.

It's theft.

Actively using electricity, taking electricity is entirely different than indirectly using/not random amenities such as lightning or swimming pool. Moreover, there is tacit approval to maintain the lights, pool for the common good. This determination never made about giving away free electricity - possibly to abnb renters even.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Cricky said:

I'd much rather be crying on the forum's than to be a person who 

has not got enough money to pay for electricity to charge his Chinese EV scooter. 

You might want to think before you post. 

Since you think they'll explode & start a fire, would you rather they charge in their room.   Think of it as inexpensive, preventive insurance.

Have a nice day.

49 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

You might want to think before you post. 

Since you think they'll explode & start a fire, would you rather they charge in their room.   Think of it as inexpensive, preventive insurance.

Have a nice day.

I gave a lot of thought before posting because I am very aware that some members aren't well off financially and they would be charging their EV's on common property, I was very careful with my wording.

This is my opinion and I'm sure the opinions of many other members. 

It's a free forum for us all to post our concerns, if you are not comfortable with my postings you are free to move on, AS I do when I come across a posting I'm not in agreement with, but I never reply with hostility or aggression. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, SuperSilverHaze said:

The outlets should be covered. Outlets placed there for convenience of cleaning crews, vehicle owners to use if needed.

The intention of plugs is was not to charge individual batteries of individual people to be used off premises.

It's theft.

Actively using electricity, taking electricity is entirely different than indirectly using/not random amenities such as lightning or swimming pool. Moreover, there is tacit approval to maintain the lights, pool for the common good. This determination never made about giving away free electricity - possibly to abnb renters even.

Renting a condo for less than 30 days is illegal, not sure your aware of this. It's posted in my condos main area and in each of the elevators. On top of that you need a key card to enter the building and the lifts and you need to walk past the security desk who is aware of who lives there. Visitors re stopped as well as any contractors who must register in the lobby and wait for the person who invited them over to come down to the lobby and sign them in. They are then given a visitors pass. No visitors can park in the garage, but they can use the game room with its seating and electrical outlets to charge their phones....

Each condo or apartment complex is different and there are rules put in place. We have a large board in the main elevator waiting area as well as the pool which tells you what's allowed and what's not.  I guess I picked the right condominium to purchase.  As I said the owners and renters can use the electric outlets in the garages as well as the water to wash their vehicles.  There is a specified location with drains for washing the vehicles.  Some condos, older ones, were set up better than others and are run professionally. I have placed a request on the juristic/owners meeting agenda for a review of installing EV charging stations for vehicles since it is up and coming as far as folks buying an EV car. In light of this OP I asked the juristic manager last night about charging EV motorbikes and he indicated there is no issue with it as the bylaws do not indicate it is illegal.  Motorbikes are only allowed to park on the lower level where indicated. There is no assigned parking. This is now also up for discussion as far as parking spots go to be assigned in the future.  This would be the first step in my view so actual EV chargers could be Installed at the owners expense of course.

• Haha 1

Most if not all juristic office demand that all vehicles are registered with them, before get a sticker. Documentations required. 

Anyone and everyone can't access parking area, as some wrote earlier.

Some juristic offices don't allow any EV scooter due to fire hazard. These cheap chinese scooters had many fire incidents, no doubt about that.

Better more expensive models are available now (images)

Juristic / security staff in a well run condo building take photos of all vehicles, so they know what type of vehicles are parked there.

Screenshot_20230305-080629_LINE.thumb.jpg.9137164a336f1fbc6671a4cbae67c388.jpg

* EV scooter owners must ask juristic to parking and use electric outlet to charge their scooter. 

It' not theft. Juristic has been asked, and allow it. It's not unlawful when juristic says ok.

Screenshot_20230305-080636_LINE.jpg.fb302d25e2dbf24a1fe9040f77abe4ad.jpg

Within 1-3 year, juristic have to build charging stations - condo owners will have to pay for this - and some kind of electric meter or coin machine, that the individual EV scooter owner have to pay themselves.

OP should use time talking with other condo owners. 

Can OP persuade enough owners to sign a petition to juristic management, this would be the way forward.

Don't play the "theft card", but rather proof the case about the actual "fire hazard". 

Collect as many news reports and videos of incidents with EV scooters as possible. 

Secondary reason should be lack of payment charging stations, for EV scooters.

Present this, together with petition signed by many condo owners, and OP might / might not, get the result OP want, in next meeting.

Screenshot_20230305-080711_LINE.thumb.jpg.b8c45f0f29b51aad7c5c9bf67f03d172.jpg

My friends tell me, less than 5 EV scooters parked in their condo buildings around town, hardly reason for concern at the moment.

How many EV scooters are actually parked in OP's parking area - can you please upload photo for us to see?

Screenshot_20230305-080616_LINE.jpg

12 minutes ago, Shop mak said:

It's not theft. Juristic has been asked, and allow it. It's not unlawful when juristic says ok.

This is a 'NO BRAINER' and a waste of time commenting. 

If you ask the Juristic for anything and they say YES (allow it) it's not unlawful.  

Are you antagonizing with this pointless sentence?

• Confused 1

17 minutes ago, Shop mak said:

How many EV scooters are actually parked in OP's parking area - can you please upload photo for us to see?

What's your point.

Why would I go to the effort?

• Confused 1

On 3/4/2023 at 8:18 AM, BKKBike09 said:

I agree that EV charging from outlets in common areas of condos is an issue. But I don't think the "theft" angle will hold much sway with the condo management. 

Safety is the argument to make with them: IF one of those cheap EV scooters catches fire at 3 am, how much risk will that pose to condo residents asleep in their beds? Somchai the night guard can be trusted to a) be awake and b) tackle an electric fire properly?

23 hours ago, Cricky said:

You need to rethink.

Your thoughts are wrong.

Look chief, I don't need to 'rethink' anything. I was agreeing with you on the broader issue of EV charging in condo common areas. My point is you'd have more luck getting the condo management to do something if you pushed the safety angle, not theft. You have made several posts referencing safety. Such as:

21 hours ago, Cricky said:

I can see a day that there will be 100 of these unsafe Chinese vehicles in our car park

Seeing as how you're not getting much of a hearing on AV, why not take your campaign to the streets? Specifically to your condo. I'm sure you can fit a sandwich board with "Stop EV Thieves" in your Tesla. Stand on the pavement wearing that and show those EV rascals who's da boss!

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Shop mak said:

Don't play the "theft card", but rather proof the case about the actual "fire hazard".

Yep, fire hazard was my first and only discussion with the Juristic office, I presented them with a video of a EV exploding and they made me aware this is why we have car park security guard.

I posted video and my discussion earlier comment.

Edited by Cricky

5 minutes ago, BKKBike09 said:

Look chief, I don't need to 'rethink' anything. I was agreeing with you on the broader issue of EV charging in condo common areas. My point is you'd have more luck getting the condo management to do something if you pushed the safety angle, not theft. You have made several posts referencing safety. Such as:

Understood Champ, but it is theft.

1st page I posted video of fire and response received from Juristic office.

25 minutes ago, Cricky said:

Understood Champ, but it is theft.

1st page I posted video of fire and response received from Juristic office.

Is it illegal to use those outlets in the common areas and/or agai st Condominium bylaws.  If not then it's not theft, it's use is then tacitly approved by the juristic committee.  You really are making a mountain out of a tiny mole hill.

Until there is a bylaw or rule against using the outlets for charging of anything then it's deemed legal.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

You really are making a mountain out of a tiny mole hill.

I posted on this forum for feedback from the members who are co-owners, but it seems I'm getting more comments from angry EV owners who are charging their vehicles illegally and commenting nastily. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Cricky said:

This is a 'NO BRAINER' and a waste of time commenting. 

If you ask the Juristic for anything and they say YES (allow it) it's not unlawful.  

Are you antagonizing with this pointless sentence?

WHY you feel the need to attack all posters who don't agree with you?

Your never ending snide remarks, still continue.

You're full of nonsense.

Juristic sure don't say yes to all request, and if you are actually a owner of condo's, (Plural) you should know better than write this.

37 minutes ago, Cricky said:

What's your point.

Why would I go to the effort?

My POINT IS, you make a mountain out of a tiny stone.

Less than 5 EV scooters parked in most buildings, and you create this huge storm out of nothing.

1 baht per owner per year currently - is what you create this huge issue about.

You insult others left and right, again and again, by calling them 'old bitter poor farang, on small pension, without education'.

Don't you realize that your attacks on others are unessessary and uncalled  for? (Rhetoric question)

Doesn't take much effort (seconds)  to take a pic or two, to demonstrate the high numbers of 'these electric thieves', that irritate you so much. Maybe then, we could see that you have a point (if 50+ EV scooters). Not many parked in your building I guess, so you play the 'effort card'.

Pathetic.

12 minutes ago, Cricky said:

I posted on this forum for feedback from the members who are co-owners, but it seems I'm getting more comments from angry EV owners who are charging their vehicles illegally and commenting nastily. 

I am a condo owner, not an EV owner as of yet, but have installed at my house a charging system for friends who visit and have EV'S, try again. You sure do make many assumptions. 

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Cricky said:

The one with nasty comments is you, I noticed some of your post was 'edited' since last night. Still you continue today???

Yoy assumed yesterday that we who disagree with you are poor angry bitter old men. While infact many of us, we actually own condo! And we know, HOW we would approach any problem we consider major.

Again, while our juristic office don't allow all request, far from it, we asked and got permission. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Multiple daily reports of electric scooters catching fire, exploding and demolishing hundreds of thousands of square meters of property.

Supreme Court will next week hear the case of the scooter charging at 37 Bangkok condominiums and office buildings.  Decision expected in April 2025.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

35 minutes ago, Dante99 said:

Multiple daily reports of electric scooters catching fire, exploding...

You win ... the stupidest, false, anti EV statement I've ever read.

You trolls just don't quit ????

Damn embarrassing 

Edited by KhunLA

27 minutes ago, Shop mak said:

The one with nasty comments is you, I noticed some of your post was 'edited' since last night. Still you continue today???

Yes, I edited my comment.

As I said earlier, it's the nasty, hurtful replies you receive makes you defensive, I replied inappropriately but removed quickly. 

Why are you bringing this to my attention, I did the right thing, removing and redeiting. 

Are you antagonizing, would you like me to reply nastily? 

Geeze, another angry EV scooter owner. 

Go away. 

Edited by Cricky

45 minutes ago, Shop mak said:

WHY you feel the need to attack all posters who don't agree with you?

Your never ending snide remarks, still continue.

You're full of nonsense.

You're free to move on but you continue to interfere. 

The post is about EV charging. 

Your off topic comments are annoying. 

Stop antagonizing. 

Edited by Cricky

5 minutes ago, Cricky said:

You're free to move on but you continue to interfere. 

The post is about EV charging. 

Your off topic comments are annoying. 

Stop antagonizing. 

His posts are far from off topic. You still make the assumption that anyone who disagrees with you and brings up valud points us an angry EV owner. You do not like to hear anything other than those in agreement with you. As has been said, by myself, until there is a bylaw or rule regulating the use of the outlets, using them is still legal.

• Thumbs Up 1

54 minutes ago, Cricky said:

By the way, where did I post nastily on any of my posts. Is it that what you hear from my readin my posts, a nasty comment?  Get a new bylaw placed in the bylaws making it illegal to use those common area outlets for charging...up to you.

• Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

By the way, where did I post nastily on any of my posts. Is it that what you hear from my readin my posts, a nasty comment?  Get a new bylaw placed in the bylaws making it illegal to use those common area outlets for charging...up to you.

Where in my comments did I say you replied nastily? 

I must say that you have been annoying me since I opened this post, from page 1.

I'd like you to go away to. 

Edited by Cricky
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, SammyJ said:

it is only fair and reasonable to discuss it and decide with all owners having input.  If you suddenly started to use the common areas to sell food or plug in outside musical instruments or special lighting for your vehicle's parking, you can be assured that other residents would speak up.

That's the whole point of this discussion, that the OP doesn't seem to get.

Asking our opinion is irrelevant.   OP stated, he questioned the "Juristic building manager" and they seem fine with it, and accept allowing them to charge their scooters.

End of discussion, as the only opinion that matters, has spoken.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

That's the whole point of this discussion, that the OP doesn't seem to get.

Asking our opinion is irrelevant.   OP stated, he questioned the "Juristic building manager" and they seem fine with it, and accept allowing them to charge their scooters.

End of discussion, as the only opinion that matters, has spoken.

Any other post not to his liking is just annoying him as he replied back to me above. Now he believes I should go away. Constructive debate and exchanging of ideas is what's been going on with this OP. As said before get a new bylaw passed, but until then it's not theft. You don't like it @Crickybut that's the gods truth.  No Sir I won't go away.

30 minutes ago, Cricky said:

Where in my comments did I say you replied nastily? 

I must say that you have been annoying me since I opened this post, from page 1.

I'd like you to go away to. 

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Thumbs Up 1

15 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Any other post not to his liking is just annoying him as he replied back to me above. Now he believes I should go away. Constructive debate and exchanging of ideas is what's been going on with this OP. As said before get a new bylaw passed, but until then it's not theft. You don't like it @Crickybut that's the gods truth.  No Sir I won't go away.

That's OK, I'm just ignoring you EV scooter riders winding me up. 

Enjoy your free charging.

Electricity paid for by others. 

Edited by Cricky

1 hour ago, Cricky said:

That's OK, I'm just ignoring you EV scooter riders winding me up. 

Enjoy your free charging.

Electricity paid for by others. 

Your a lost soul sir.  If I had an EV Scooter I would post a picture of it.  Love my gas powered Yamaha X-Max 300 where I can ride until I need to get more gas......as always you seem to be itching to call people names when you have no real idea of the lives we lead.  Join your Condos board as a member and get back to us.  You have a hard time letting go of certain things that are out of your sphere of influence, so if you can't beat them join them and make a difference.  You see things differently so at this point since all your doing in my view is trolling I will agree to disagree with you and place you onto the pile of frustrated folks who do not want to help but just complain. Adios, enjoy your Sunday, headed out to drive through the beautiful countryside of PKK.

19 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

The issue was charging an EV bike not a car. A car takes a special type of charger.....

Actually, an EV car can be plugged into a normal wall socket and charged at about 2.2Kw. It's referred to as granny charging.

Many EV owners use this method to charge their cars.