Where To Get A Test Drive Of A Toyota Yaris?

JetsetBkk

My 19 year old pickup has had its day.

I went to the main Toyota in Phuket - the one opposite Dowroong Wittaya School in Chao Fah East Road - and the staff practically laughed at me!

This one:

2083276775_Toyota2023-03-0921_33_48-Greenshotcrop800.jpg.81abd1bf1f369a5a3af4f982302c329b.jpg

"Test drive? Cannot" they say!

Maybe I went to the wrong place.

Any suggestions?

Dunno about Phuket; bought in Chiang Mai while back and test drove truck which was not an issue. Doesn't help, but would suggest renting one for a week and putting it through its paces properly... don't get much feedback out of a 20m drive.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I think I have the answer to the question.

I went to my local Toyota dealer also in the South today.  The sales woman there, who spoke excellent English, explained that they did not have any Yaris remaining onsite because they were expecting delivery of an "all new" Yaris literally this afternoon with minor styling changes.  They did not know the prices for the new cars today but higher than present model.  Based on what she said the changes are mostly electronic toys.  The car underneath is the same old Yaris as it has been since 1834.

Maybe go back in a weeks time.

Try the Toyota dealer at the end of Bypass Road, when I was looking at a Carmy they did offer test drives. Not sure if it's actually a different owner, maybe just give the other dealers a call because they might not be available on the spot.

11 hours ago, tomazbodner said:

Why not find rent-a-car that offers economy cars, and see if they have Yaris... Then rent it for a day or 2 and give it a go. Costs a few k baht but at least you could do it properly on your own terms.

I did just that. Liked it alot. Then bought a used late 2019 Yaris ATIV from Toyotasure which was practically the same. One or two more bells.  Allowed a short test drive of it to make sure there were no unusual noises and also of a Honda City which I didn't like so much though it had more bells.

14 hours ago, In the jungle said:

I think I have the answer to the question.

I went to my local Toyota dealer also in the South today.  The sales woman there, who spoke excellent English, explained that they did not have any Yaris remaining onsite because they were expecting delivery of an "all new" Yaris literally this afternoon with minor styling changes.  They did not know the prices for the new cars today but higher than present model.  Based on what she said the changes are mostly electronic toys.  The car underneath is the same old Yaris as it has been since 1834.

Maybe go back in a weeks time.

The sales woman at my local dealer was right.

A new model Yaris was introduced yesterday.  It is on Toyota's website now.

A bit of a restyle, more electronics.  I do like the fact that all variants have LED headlights now.