100,000 pages of evidence in 40 boxes - Big Joke prepares cases against 116 corrupt immigration men - offices named

webfact

6 hours ago, mokwit said:

I would guess 400 agent obtained visa holders got a call from Immigration asking them to come in for a chat.

It will be interesting to see if they are proceeded against.

Yes exactly what it probably is. I do it all myself now but when I first got here my first 3 extensions were done through an agent because I thought it was easier. The agent was actually bribing everyone to get my long stay marriage visa done the same day and at the time I didn’t know that. After this same immigration chief fixed immigration in 2018 Korat immigration actually helped me get all my paperwork fixed and exactly right. Even last year I had to redo our marriage certificate because I didn’t know the agent had paid for that back in 2016 and I had missed the step of going to the embassy. So I went to the embassy and got it done correctly through MFA. Now I finally have it all fixed and I do it all myself. But I’ve never seen anything except professionalism and helpfulness at Nakhon Ratchasima immigration. I hope no one there who helped us is in trouble. The supervisor was so nice and helpful I’m actually hoping it’s not her. They were all so professional so I’m shocked. 

I’m actually hoping none of those good people are in trouble. 

Edited by JimboB4
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, proton said:

You cannot be a resident in a province you do not reside in, you are not entitled to an extension that is not from your registered address

That is correct.  So the Agent that fixes your Visa or extension in another province, has to use a fake address to do so.  And then for immigration purposes you are residing at that fake address, unless you relocate by doing a change of address to the Province where you are really living.

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

That is correct.  So the Agent that fixes your Visa or extension in another province, has to use a fake address to do so.  And then for immigration purposes you are residing at that fake address, unless you relocate by doing a change of address to the Province where you are really living.

So it's fake and fake then, not legal

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

35 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

It is perfectly normal that they require you have enough money for a hospital for instance.

Fine, proof of ability to pay not 800kin a Thai account.  insurance coverage ok,  again not 800k in a bank account.  Reasonable measures are fine.   Extortion in the extreme.... ot on.  And so people vote with their feet, other means, not cheap but manageable and relatively simple.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, Neeranam said:

Do I really have to explain? 

They could reassure those who have used their services that their visas were obtained legally. There are lots of worried customers at the moment. 

Those that have used an agent can pick up the phone, or you want them to let you know via TVF....

And why are you so concerned, I guy that purports to have residency...............????..................????

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Peterphuket said:

@ IvorBiggun2, can you imagine there are people who can not affording money on a Thai bank for some reasons?

I conform to the rules. So should all others. By the way your link is no good.

7 hours ago, NONG CHOK said:

To me it appears to be provinces close to borders where entry is so easy. It would be almost impossible to do it at either Bangkok airport where officials are under very heavy scrutiny.

This is for the most part people who extended also.  Would not surprise me to see people in some of the offices get hit just as long a pt stays out of the news 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jvs said:

Before everyone goes into panic mode,i don't believe they are going after

some one who used an agent because they did not have enough income.

It is more about Chinese mafia buying their way into Thailand.

The case will be active until some one really high up decides it gets too close and orders it shut down.

My province is mentioned here!

Sakon Nakhon!

We dont see many Chinese up here. Imop

Ive never used a agent or payed  corruption to get my extension .

But Im curious if they find wrongdoing with obtaining extensions involving falangs ,

what will happen to the falangs!

51 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

You are right. but I do hope that their investigations are limited to Chinese hanky-panky with Visa/extensions only, and that farangs are not taken along in an attempt to avoid allegations of discrimination against only one ethnicity.

Why stop there. Everyone knows it goes deeper...

28 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

I've never purported to have residency. 

I'm Thai. 

Remember your not a natural born Thai, you have Thai citizenship...there is a difference.  I am not Thai yet I was born in the country.....no I do not have Thai Citizenship nor am I a natural born Thai as I was born to two US service personnel and spent the first few years of my life here. Unlike in the US if your born there your a US citizen.

Edited by ThailandRyan

Big joke knows exactly who the corrupt officers are and decided to arrest them, the rest is a formality, as he has support from the govt. I wonder if the foreign cheats will be able to away with pleading ignorance. Really is the end of the visa agent era. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Remember your not a natural born Thai, you have Thai citizenship...there is a difference.  I am not Thai yet I was born in the country.....no I do not have Thai Citizenship or am I a natural born Thai as I was born to two US service personnel and spent the first few years of my life here. Unlike in the US if your born there your a US citizen.

I never said I was a natural born Thai as I'm not. 

Just got a new passport which says I'm Thai, is it wrong? 

15 minutes ago, riclag said:

But Im curious if they find wrongdoing with obtaining extensions involving falangs ,

what will happen to the falangs!

Deportation, unless they pay a big 'fine'. 

This would be to the immigration officers in Big Joke's camp. Actually, probably the plan, as certain agents have been getting greedy(according to a police friend). 

This is a redistribution of wealth as often happens in Thailand. 

Never do corrupt activities if it means your livelihood or visa is at stake. 

Edited by Neeranam
  • Like 1

Big Joke is rightfully going for the throat at Immigration as he was deliberately dumped on in the past when trying to do a decent job of getting many of these Corrupt and Lazy Officers out of the Service or actually 'working' for a living. 

They thought they had got rid of him for good but he is having the last laugh !

• Like 1
  • Love It 1