100,000 pages of evidence in 40 boxes - Big Joke prepares cases against 116 corrupt immigration men - offices named

webfact

"The investigation against 116 allegedly corrupt immigration police officers is moving apace."

Okay, okay. Don't get too excited. Perhaps some of them will be transferred to the constantly growing ministry of inactive posts...

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, NONG CHOK said:

To me it appears to be provinces close to borders where entry is so easy. It would be almost impossible to do it at either Bangkok airport where officials are under very heavy scrutiny.

You mean the airport where payments were curtailed under Big Joke....hmmmm

Big Joke prepares cases against 116 corrupt immigration men.....107 Immigration police reported to Corruption Commission.....109 Thai immigration officers over illegal issuing of visas...

Keep looking and they will realize that it is a national problem not confined to just those regional offices.

20 minutes ago, markclover said:

They only need one case of corruption not 10,000.  Any normal member of the public would be put in a cage by now.

I would happily take the stand to report corruption in the immigration police, but many foreigners wouldn't due to being scared of not getting their next extension.  

Edited by Neeranam
  • Like 1
  • Sad 6

4 hours ago, dinsdale said:

Well there will be a lot of people who do not have the required amount of money for retirement or marriage visas in a tight spot. Please no replies saying they should have the money or they should go home. We do not know others situations. The point is their situation may now have become tenuous.

Sure, if you have been cheating the system cover your ar&e. 

2 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Are you scared the agents will be chased down and the usage curtailed...if it's all legal than you have no worries....you do meet the requirements don't you....

Unlikely (meet requirements) hence the concern. 

3 hours ago, jvs said:

Before everyone goes into panic mode,i don't believe they are going after

some one who used an agent because they did not have enough income.

It is more about Chinese mafia buying their way into Thailand.

The case will be active until some one really high up decides it gets too close and orders it shut down.

You are correct, in earlier posts on this very subject a few weeks ago it said Chinese gray businessman!

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Neeranam said:

I would happily take the stand to report corruption in the immigration police, but many foreigners wouldn't due to being scared of not getting their next extension.  

Nice edit.Not friends anymore? ????

No years behind bars: firstly, it is a big misunderstanding and no wrongdoing to be found. Secondly, if any wrongdoing, it's the farangs who did it!

Beides that, they all need a huge payrise so they don't have to collect their salaries from farangs. Poor poor generals...

Edited by pp00

3 hours ago, Gecko123 said:

Whole-heartedly applaud and support "Big Joke's" efforts in this endeavor, as should we all. Corruption in immigration offices is not a victimless crime. When people pay money to circumvent the law, those who abide by the law and follow the rules often end up being treated like second- and third-class customers because we provide no supplementary financial incentives to receive service. The same is true for those who use agents in order to circumvent bank deposit requirements. Again, this is not a harmless and victimless crime. 

Let the self justifying whinging begin. Oh the injustice!   When the crime is/was requiring 800,000 thb in a bank account, made up by the real criminals.  

There's one born every minute.  fill in the missing word.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 2

5 minutes ago, ignore it said:

Weluwan police in Khon Kaen reports a fire of unknown origin has consumed some 40 stored boxes.  Unfortunately CCTV cameras were not working at the time of the fire.

istockphoto-495441730-612x612.jpg

Hope so! That's my local office. Everyone's been extremely helpful to me whenever I go there.

5 hours ago, Captain Monday said:

So that is where all the copies go?

Complete with the passport and personal dtails of unrelated innocent foreigners on the flip sides.

100,000 pages? That isn't even 1,000 visas from what I've seen.