100,000 pages of evidence in 40 boxes - Big Joke prepares cases against 116 corrupt immigration men - offices named

webfact

On 3/2/2023 at 5:48 PM, The Fugitive said:

Then your agent will either have to submit your 90 day reports upon your behalf or supply you with the address they've given to the IO so that you can do them. If you can't resolve this you could try going to the IO in the area you're actually living in and explain. If they're anything like my own IO they will jump at the chance to undercut your agents fees.

Bingo!

• Love It 1

5 hours ago, dinsdale said:

Well there will be a lot of people who do not have the required amount of money for retirement or marriage visas in a tight spot. Please no replies saying they should have the money or they should go home. We do not know others situations. The point is their situation may now have become tenuous.

Bad luck happens to everyone maybe you should start a go fund me page for these people to help them out

6 hours ago, webfact said:

here are 40 cardboard boxes for the Weluwan police in Khon Kaen, where the investigation goes next, to sift through.

It wouldn't surprise me if they are sifting through ashes pretty soon.

5 hours ago, NONG CHOK said:

To me it appears to be provinces close to borders where entry is so easy. It would be almost impossible to do it at either Bangkok airport where officials are under very heavy scrutiny.

This is not about border immigration. It is a crackdown on the provincial Immigration Offices where foreigners apply for an initial Non Imm O Visa or an extension of it.  Since such applications require to keep a considerable amount of funds on a Thai bank-account, there are many Agents that can help 'circumventing' that requirement.  But of course although the Non Imm O Visa in your passport obtained via such an agent is legit, the method by which you got it is not.  And although it has been some years ago, there have in the past been similar cases, where the farangs that had made use of that service to get their Visa or extension without the necessary funds on the Bank, were deported and access to Thailand prohibited for 5 to 10 years.

Let's hope Big Joke is somewhat lenient to those that made use of such Agency services, and only brushes out the Immigration officers that got paid under the table by the Agents for overlooking non-compliance to the requirements.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

9 minutes ago, LatPhrao said:

Hats off to the brave who challenge this criminal in nature immigration visa system extorting 800K.  The flagrant disregard and use of agents is the sign of bad laws that need to be removed and decent ones put in place.

It is perfectly normal that they require you have enough money for a hospital for instance.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, proton said:

There are, I got an email offering to get me an extension from either of 2 provinces listed that I have never even visited.

Yes, Agents providing the extension service with no funds required, make use of an Imm Office where they have connections.  So if your Pattaya agent got your Extension stamp at one of those 9 offices (Khon Kaen being a very popular one) you are 'technically' a resident of the province where that Imm Office is located.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

Those who are living in those 9 Provinces and obtained their Visa or extension using an Agent because they did not have the required funds on a Thai bank-account, should probably consider doing a border-run to 'kill' their current Permission to stay (if they bought a Re-Entry Permit that option is unfortunately not possible). And then simply re-enter Visa-Exempt which will provide them with a 45-day Permission to stay, and then go through the legit 90-day Non Imm O Visa application process.

Still guilty and a new extension doesn't change the fact. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jvs said:

Before everyone goes into panic mode,i don't believe they are going after

some one who used an agent because they did not have enough income.

It is more about Chinese mafia buying their way into Thailand.

The case will be active until some one really high up decides it gets too close and orders it shut down.

That's a good idea to close the immigration offices.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, proton said:

You are not technically any such thing, apart from getting an extension via corruption. Have you got an extension from an agent bribing an IO?

If the Agent applied for your initial 90-day Non Imm O Visa in another province than where you are residing, you ARE for Immigration purposes a resident there.  Of course you can - once you have the Visa - relocate to the Province where you are actually living.  To do so you need to visit the local Imm Office (and of course they will understand what you did, but it has always been tolerated).  But some farangs never bother to relocate, and their Agent takes care of their 90-day reports and yearly extensions. 

FYI: I am fully legal in Thailand meeting all the requirements, and I applied for my initial Non Imm O Visa and yearly extensions without any Agent help or bribing of Imm Officers. But I feel for those that did fell for the 'fully legit Agent service with no funds required' story or did not have the necessary funds to meet the 800K/400K THB requirement and thus made use of an Agent. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, NONG CHOK said:

To me it appears to be provinces close to borders where entry is so easy. It would be almost impossible to do it at either Bangkok airport where officials are under very heavy scrutiny.

I have personal experience of an imm official taking a backhander to ignore a person with an arrest warrant and therefore blacklisted to fly OUT of Suvaranbhumi. Common knowledge bribes work both ways. They just make an example of one or two now and again to pretend they're doing something. Not all the bribes are coming from those wanting to stay inside.

9 minutes ago, JimboB4 said:

I just recently got my stamp. I’ve never seen anything but great people at Nakhon Ratchasima immigration office. 

Are you fully briefed on what goes on in the back office, wouldn't think so. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, rabiedabruce said:

Those places are extremely lucrative. Chuwit doesn't want to get off'd so goes for the low hanging fruit.

I don't think the Chinese grey market Visas were low hanging.  Now going after some small time foreigners would be low hanging fruit.

8 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

If the Agent applied for your initial 90-day Non Imm O Visa in another province than where you are residing, you ARE for Immigration purposes a resident there.  Of course you can - once you have the Visa - relocate to the Province where you are actually living.  To do so you need to visit the local Imm Office (and of course they will understand what you did, but it has always been tolerated).  But some farangs never bother to relocate, and their Agent takes care of their 90-day reports and yearly extensions. 

FYI: I am fully legal in Thailand meeting all the requirements, and I applied for my initial Non Imm O Visa and yearly extensions without any Agent help or bribing of Imm Officers. But I feel for those that did fell for the 'fully legit Agent service with no funds required' story or did not have the necessary funds to meet the 800K/400K THB requirement and thus made use of an Agent. 

You cannot be a resident in a province you do not reside in, you are not entitled to an extension that is not from your registered address

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

I understand it is up to the individual imm office whether or not to grant a visa. So no corruption there. And well done you for prostrating yourself after running the gamut of the sneering uniformed swamp creatures.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Smokey and the Bandit said:

This is about grey Chinese Investors, it has been reported on AN several times.

"Yesterday he instructed an investigative deputy to lay charges of dereliction of duty and extortion against 107 immigration officers from Regions 4 and 5 of the IB."

"They are implicated in the so-called grey Chinese" investors' visa issuance and extension scandal that has rocked Thailand."

"It is alleged that using bogus connections to foundations, associations and language schools Chinese investors were given visas and extensions."

"It is alleged that immigration officers mostly in regions 4 and 5 aided and abetted  in:

Falsifying signatures

Making up the names of fake foundations"

You are right. but I do hope that their investigations are limited to Chinese hanky-panky with Visa/extensions only, and that farangs are not taken along in an attempt to avoid allegations of discrimination against only one ethnicity.