Another Traffic-Hindering Roadwork Fatigues Pattaya Residents on Third Road

snoop1130

330590264_2362951140536687_8444882544382742896_n-696x392.jpg

PHOTO: บริษัท โสภณ เคเบิ้ล ที.วี.และสื่อสาร พัทยา จำกัด

Pattaya City is partly blocking off yet another road to fix a drainage problem that had just been fixed.

Local media reported that Pattaya locals residing on Pattaya Third Road near the Moom Aroi restaurant are complaining about the beginning of a new roadwork to install a drainage system and some large underground pumps.

The Thai media said the project is taking up two lanes or about 50 meters of Pattaya Third Road, resulting in travel difficulties although this particular spot, according to the media, had previously gone through a drainage-laying project several months ago, which was supposed to be completed already according to the city’s announcement.

Full Story: https://thepattayanews.com/2023/03/10/another-traffic-hindering-roadwork-fatigues-pattaya-residents-on-third-road/

PattayaNews.jpg
-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2023-03-10

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The Thai media said the project is taking up two lanes or about 50 meters of Pattaya Third Road, resulting in travel difficulties although this particular spot, according to the media, had previously gone through a drainage-laying project several months ago, which was supposed to be completed already according to the city’s announcement.

Only to be expected... city planners my backside.

4 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

i see they are about to dig up Thepprasit again by Ratanakorn, that road is a mess

Yep, spent a while queuing there last Sunday with the existing "repairs", trying to get the lad and his friends to the Go-Kart track.

"...to fix a drainage problem that had just been fixed."

I would take issue with idea that "problem had just been fixed". If they have to go work on it again, that seems to indicate the problem wasn't "fixed" before..... more fixes, more envelopes: where's the problem?

• Thanks 1

From the end of the linked article -

The exact completion date is not in the report, The Pattaya News notes.

It appears to have been completed already.........Or they have cleared all the cones for the weekend.

Didn't cause that many issues that I could see and since I live round the corner from it I think I would have noticed.