Chonburi Motorcyclist Rear-Ends Parked Car at Red Light and Dies

webfact

image.jpeg

PHOTO: TMN Cable TV Pattaya

By Tanakorn Panyadee

Pattaya — A 27-year-old man riding a motorcycle crashed into the rear of a parked sedan at a red light and passed away. The man succumbed to his injuries before the rescue teams arrived.

Last night, March 12th, a Thai man named Mr. Ekaphol Thongkaew was found deceased at the intersection leading to Bangsaen Beach in the Mueng district of Chonburi. The 27-year-old passed away due to his severe facial injuries after ramming his white/pink Honda Wave motorbike into the back of a sedan.

The sedan driver, 43-year-old Mr. Suwisit Chuchatthaisan, told local media that he was waiting for a green light at the intersection when the victim suddenly rear-ended him. 

Full story: https://thepattayanews.com/2023/03/13/chonburi-motorcyclist-rear-ends-parked-car-at-red-light-and-dies/

PattayaNews.jpg
-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2023-03-14

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

1 hour ago, Pique Dard said:

..when i see the nonchalance of thai drivers (not all of them of course) in front of a red light, i sometimes think that they imagine that these signals are there just to decorate the street

I have often wondered what they are doing when the lights turn green, as they seem slow to react (yes I know, a good idea mostly)..... like they have to emerge from some daydream, and realize where they are......

• Thumbs Up 2

The black car at night car could have been difficult to see. The red light should have been obvious. So what was the rider thinking? Just blast through a red light or was he totally oblivious to any of his surroundings? No mention of whether or not he was wearing a helmet. Suspect not.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, soi3eddie said:

The black car at night car could have been difficult to see. The red light should have been obvious. So what was the rider thinking? Just blast through a red light or was he totally oblivious to any of his surroundings? No mention of whether or not he was wearing a helmet. Suspect not.

It is possible the car had no rear lights . The car is black as well .

On one of my first trips to thailand I saw something like this first hand. 6 Lane Road, well lit street lights. Stopped in a taxi as a speeding motorbike came flying down the road a smashed into back of a taxi. It was surreal so unbelievable then I saw how thai drives just swerved past the body in the road. I stupidly got out the taxi to prevent the body being run over again. Didn't last long as I also nearly became a victim.

Edited by BritScot

20 hours ago, soi3eddie said:

So what was the rider thinking?

Thinking?

Currently I try my best not to be overrun by some hool in the streets of Pattaya. Racing full throttle without lights through a populated street in the night e.g. Swerving and speeding through a meter wide gap between stuck cars. Without a working law enforcement and drastic punishment nothing will change.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 3/14/2023 at 7:32 AM, Bangkok Barry said:

Some make the news, many do not

Very true. Some two weeks ago a terrible accident cost three lives at an intersection in our district town at 3 AM or so.

A driver obviously had fallen asleep and rammed into waiting cars and a bus at warp speed (a CCTV was published). Never made it to English language news.

Currently the worst on the police yard:

20230306_141507.jpg

Edited by KhunBENQ