Biden says anti-trans laws are 'close to sinful'

Social Media

16 hours ago, bamnutsak said:

Look I get that the world is changing quite rapidly, and that many feel left behind and long for the good old days. That said, I'm struggling to understand why these anti-Trans laws in the U.S, and POTUS's statement impact you as a Brit (assuming you'er handle is descriptive) and a resident in Thailand.

Unfortunately where the US goes the rest of the ( western ) world follows. We have probably all encountered the non US guys that try to emulate American gang bangers in their dress and choices of music noise, and such like silliness.

I have had enough of the woke American policies being inflicted on the non American society I live in.

It's even been polluting Thai society for a while.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I have had enough of the woke American policies being inflicted on the non American society I live in.

Are you an American? Living in Thailand? You are impacted by President Biden's comments? You'd support strong anti-trans laws for Thailand?

Can you elaborate on some of these policies? Who is inflicting them on you? How do they impact your life? Are you able to cope with these policies?

It sounds like you are being oppressed.

I am sorry that you feel left behind by progress, I do understand that can be hard on some people.

59 minutes ago, bamnutsak said:

Are you an American? Living in Thailand? You are impacted by President Biden's comments? You'd support strong anti-trans laws for Thailand?

Can you elaborate on some of these policies? Who is inflicting them on you? How do they impact your life? Are you able to cope with these policies?

It sounds like you are being oppressed.

I am sorry that you feel left behind by progress, I do understand that can be hard on some people.

Sorry but I don't see any point to that post, nor did I imply support for anti trans policies.

Unfortunately the world is IMO impacted by Biden's policies- I wish it wasn't.

Edited by thaibeachlovers
  • Like 1

I think if a law is going to result in more more misery and deaths, then certainly to those with a religious bent it could be described as sinful. But "evil" is another word that comes to mind. Just to be clear, GAHT stands for Gender Affirming Hormone Therapy.

Association of Gender-Affirming Hormone Therapy With Depression, Thoughts of Suicide, and Attempted Suicide Among Transgender and Nonbinary Youth

Use of GAHT was associated with lower odds of recent depression (adjusted odds ratio [aOR] = .73, p < .001) and seriously considering suicide (aOR = .74, p < .001) compared to those who wanted GAHT but did not receive it. For youth under age 18, GAHT was associated with lower odds of recent depression (aOR = .61, p < .01) and of a past-year suicide attempt (aOR = .62, p < .05).

https://www.jahonline.org/article/S1054-139X(21)00568-1/fulltext