Swedish Man Arrested on Samui Island for 75 Days of Overstaying

webfact

On 3/23/2023 at 10:58 AM, Huckenfell said:

From what i read , your idea is already being implemented to some degree in Gt Britain  with daily arrivals along the Kent coast.

Implemented? The demented Suella Braverman current UK Home Secretary dreams of the day she sees a flight full of boat people refugees who have done this without a visa  taking off for Rwanda where she very recently visited to inspect the housing facilities pronouncing them very nice homes. And her Illegal Immigration Bill is currently passing through parliament. This would oblige Home Secretaries to send them somewhere other than the UK and ban them from ever seeking refugee or asylum status in the UK.

• 2 months later...
On 3/17/2023 at 8:19 AM, ChipButty said:

I was told by somebody I know who spent a few days in there, some people have been in there for years, 

People have died in there.....

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/18/2023 at 2:10 PM, roger101 said:

I often wonder how they catch over stayers. In all the years I've been here I have never had anything to do with the police (apart from being checked on my motorbike). I would have thought someone on overstay would keep a very low profile.

They have facial recognition in many areas now including on cars which patrol regularly. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/15/2023 at 11:50 PM, Chelseafan said:

I know an overstay is a bit naughty but does this guy really need to be paraded in front of the press? It's not like he has killed anyone for Christ sake. Just stamp his passport with an exclusion and put him on the next plane and be done with it.

For overstaying under 90 days, he doesn't even get a years ban. 

10 minutes ago, Harsh Jones said:

For overstaying under 90 days, he doesn't even get a years ban. 

For getting arrested (i.e. not going into immigration to sort it out voluntarily) you get a 5 year ban for any overstay less than 1 year & a 10 year ban for over 1 year overstay.

image.png.4a3397774f0d3652060524e77a3779ea.png

Edited by Mike Teavee
  • Thumbs Up 1