Pattaya Mayor Says Songkran Is Fully On in Pattaya This Year, April 19th Expected Bigger Than Ever

webfact

image.jpeg

By Adam Judd

Pattaya, Thailand- It was already expected after several planning meetings recently but today the Pattaya Mayor’s social media accounts confirmed the news that will please many bars and tourism businesses, as well as eager hordes of tourists, but likely frustrate some expat readers who despise the event.

After three years of Covid restrictions, and four years in total since the last non traditional only Songkran in 2019, the Thai New Year and the famous water fights return.

This means those wanting to avoid the water have a warning well in advance and those planning trips and holidays for Songkran have the reassurance that unlike prior years the famous, but polarizing, water fights will be allowed.

Full story: https://thepattayanews.com/2023/03/16/pattaya-mayor-says-songkran-is-fully-on-in-pattaya-this-year-april-19th-expected-bigger-than-ever/

PattayaNews.jpg
-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2023-03-17

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

I suspect the mayor has plans to be elsewhere too!

He's Thai, he'll bask in the glory of this joyous event in his flowery shirt and the squillions it will bring to the Pattaya economy! Sanook mak!

Edited by 2baht

The dirty water concerns me. I hope the local clinics/hospitals have properly planned for antibiotics that are most prescribed for ear, eye, nose, and throat conditions. I see lots of sickness being distributed. 

7 minutes ago, JoePai said:

So for Pattaya the Songkran (holiday) will be from the 13th to the 20th ?

And IIRC Bang Saray will have a festival day 20th. 

20th in Pattaya it will probably look like Kiev......

2 hours ago, JoePai said:

No, farang idiots, premature ejaculators, usually start it on the 11th in the bar areas. It does completely stop on the 20th, contrary to the usual smug "predictions" here. The aftermath and cleanup effort is worth a look.  

2 hours ago, JoePai said:

yeah thats a fairly typical Songkran timeline for Pattaya.............. well it is for the past 16 Songkrans I have enjoyed here anyways.

2 hours ago, KannikaP said:

Stay Away for that week.

I don't know if a week is enough... Pattaya is for booze, sex and party tourists. And the government is doing everything to keep it that way. No place if you want to have a "normal" life.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Lemsta69 said:

Pattaya's for everybody now, get with the times.

It has always been mainly for booze, sex and party tourists. These businesses have no zoning, Songkran has no zoning. Obviously this is not wanted. So there is no place where you can be sure to avoid this nonsense. Because this is more important than anything else. But I got the message. I never would move to this strange place again.

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, webfact said:

This means those wanting to avoid the water have a warning well in advance and those planning trips and holidays for Songkran have the reassurance that unlike prior years the famous, but polarizing, water fights will be allowed.

I'll head west.