Pattaya again!!! Bungee cords snaps and.....................

BananaStrong

A tourist's bungee cord snapped and sent him plummeting into a lake.

The tourist from Hong Kong leapt from a height of ten storeys (stories!!!) while travelling in Pattaya

Mike told local media that he felt dizzy from the intense pain of the disastrous fall.

Doctors reportedly said he was "fine" and released him from their care with some painkillers.

--------------

Bottom Line:  This is Thailand.  Safety?  NO.    Can he sue?  LOL.  Is he "fine"?  Of course not.  

Every year there are these tourists who get badly injured in Thailand doing something that should be safety; however, in LOS, things go wrong.

Example:   Zip-line, Chiang Mai, Chinese, dead.

Just a reminder to all reading this and still active (under 80 years old, maybe there is one member):   Think before you jump.  lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

Thailand isn't the country to try a bungee, that's probably why they set it up over water, didn't trust themselves

23 people have died from bungee jumps in 20 years, globally. That's 1.15 per year on average. None in Thailand. Considering this guy survived, it's probably safer here any anywhere else.

59 minutes ago, JensenZ said:

23 people have died from bungee jumps in 20 years, globally. That's 1.15 per year on average. None in Thailand. Considering this guy survived, it's probably safer here any anywhere else.

It's about the injuries also, how many people injured here? and globally?

Yes ... that's why you / I did it over a lake in Phuket.  If you're going to do stupid sh!t (bungee in foreign country) you can minimize the risk of serious injury.

I think I can fly ... maybe not ... 

image.png.f8c9e72c03dde14e06750dceeeac0919.png

14 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

It's the zip chords that get them here isn't it?

Who doesn't like a good impalement after a good malfunction.

Now that's just stupid, even I wouldn't do that.   Rather swim with sharks, as they're a bit more predictable:

sharks1.jpg

Edited by KhunLA