Everything, Everwhere, all at Once (Pattaya Version)

roger101

11 hours ago, petermik said:

Guys give the Mayor a break he is up to his neck at the moment sorting out the Music Festivals so the Bangkok folks can come down and enjoy their weekends......:whistling:

And chase people around waving swords and sickles and chucking ping-pong bombs!

Does anyone know why they dug up Thepprasit. For me it was the best road, didn't flood nice and wide. Also I don't buy this laying asphalt on top of concrete to build up to the new drains. I have never seen drains that are built higher than the road they are supposed to drain from, kind of defeats the purpose. I reckon they just installed the wrong drains and instead of fixing that came up with the idea of building the road up to match the drains. We will see maybe it will work but I doubt it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kevin Taylor said:

Does anyone know why they dug up Thepprasit. For me it was the best road, didn't flood nice and wide. Also I don't buy this laying asphalt on top of concrete to build up to the new drains. I have never seen drains that are built higher than the road they are supposed to drain from, kind of defeats the purpose. I reckon they just installed the wrong drains and instead of fixing that came up with the idea of building the road up to match the drains. We will see maybe it will work but I doubt it.

As I understand it, the new drains they've laid are to stop the flooding on Sukhumvit in South Pattaya, it's always been the worst stretch of road for flooding when it rains heavily. Whether that actually works, or if it's all just been a waste of time and money, might become clear when the next rainy season gets going. It's also not obvious to me how the water that would otherwise be flooding Suk in South Pattaya is supposed to get to the big new drains they've laid under Thepprasit. They will eventually lay enough asphalt on Thepprasit so that it should all be nice and flat, but when it will be completed is anybody's guess.

S__214564882-scaled.jpg.7eed6f79eb3c2c9e

1-  It would have been MUCH more cost effective to simply break or cuto off the tops of the drains that were way above the (already good) roads,

2-  There is currently one section of road which is down to only one lane (no parking, no left lane) which is causing back-ups all the way to Sukhumvit (severe traffic jam over 2 km I think)!!!