Bought a new house but do not get floor plan

22 hours ago, moogradod said:

This was my first idea as well. But there is really enough space, I actually do not care how many sqm it is. I need the plan for the measurements of the furnitures and their placement. Thats all.

You can buy a tape measure on Shopee for 25 baht.

13 hours ago, Cricky said:

It seems a bit strange that you want this now, it's something I've been given prior to deposit. 

Why is it so important to have, why do you need a floor plan? 

You don't need a floor plan for furniture etc. a measuring tape is all that's required. 

Are you German by any chance, I reckon you are being pedantic, caring too much about minor details. 

Eh? 

Are there any German men on this forum; I think they are super reliable & responsible. ???? A happy relationship is all about attending to the details. ???? A German man would be top of my wishlist... ????????????

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

And it's never a guarantee that they are accurate... 

Hahahaha, yes that is the one guarantee you can always count on. In Thailand build plans are only a suggestion of what to do

13 hours ago, moogradod said:

And by the way it is not for you to judge

You are absolutely right. I would not buy a new house if the builder not supplying floor plans, not only for measurements but also "plumbing and electrical" plans. To me those are important for future repairs or modifications.  

Edited by The Theory
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, scottiejohn said:

So does the UK where you buy a pint of beer but a litre of petrol etc:

But they don't put a pint of beer in a half litre glass.

When they made the change to metric, beer and milk were allowed exemptions. Ask for a whisky and you will get a metric measure.

19 hours ago, Dan O said:

Hahahaha, yes that is the one guarantee you can always count on. In Thailand build plans are only a suggestion of what to do

I had my house drawn up to my requirements and took the plans to a builder. I lived on site and everyday checked what they had done, picked up several errors. Overall though they did a very good job, 13 years old this month and no real complaints.

18 hours ago, The Theory said:

You are absolutely right. I would not buy a new house if the builder not supplying floor plans, not only for measurements but also "plumbing and electrical" plans. To me those are important for future repairs or modifications.  

I meant expensive houses, not rat holes. 

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/24/2023 at 2:33 AM, LosLobo said:

I would suggest most here, would not have a clue what a 1/16" is.

The rest of the civilised world metricated in the 70's except for the third world countries of Liberia and Myanmar and of course the US.

To be fair, the US did legislate Metrication but it was not mandated, in effect reneging of their planned transition to join the rest of the world.

Pity nobody told NASA or whoever it was that built the Hubble telescope. They were using metric and imperial measurements , but it seemed that nobody told anybody which to use. The rest is history. ????

4 hours ago, Dazkkk said:

Pity nobody told NASA or whoever it was that built the Hubble telescope. They were using metric and imperial measurements , but it seemed that nobody told anybody which to use. The rest is history. ????

What is the history?