World Athletics bans transgender women from competing in female world ranking events

onthedarkside

Just now, n00dle said:

Not sure where you have been hiding, but males have been wreaking havoc on womens sport for the last few years, and no one else seems to have taken this stance.

I’ve spent my life competing in sport, often in events in which men and women were competing alongside of each other, I don’t recognize this ‘wreaking havoc’ of yours.

Perhaps you are exaggerating for effect.

• Confused 5
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, James105 said:

Strong women can indeed compete against weak men and win, but that isn't really what is being talked about here is it. 

I, and others, have consistently argued that the resolution of how to deal with transgender people in sport must come from the sports governing bodies and that adding additional competitor categories is both logical and consistent with how sports are already managed.

What is not necessary is the faux outrage.

…..

I’ve not met any weak men, or women during my sporting career.

Experiences differ.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

45 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

Then why stir it?

I agree, why stir it:

3 hours ago, scottiejohn said:

At last an organisation with the b@lls to do what is right!

Watch the woke brigade get their nickers/underpants in a twist over this!

“Watch the woke brigade get their nickers/underpants in a twist over this!”

• Confused 1

38 minutes ago, n00dle said:

you are simply playing with words to dismiss the issue.

I’m not playing with words at all.

I have simply re-stated my view on how the issue of transgender sports should be dealt with.

The announcement in the OP is a step in the right direction but does not go far enough, competitor classifications for transgender need to be added, as I have consistently argued.

Edited by Chomper Higgot
  • Like 1
  • Confused 4

11 minutes ago, James105 said:

A female category (exclusively for biological women) and an "open to all" category for everyone else is all that is needed here.   No need to over complicate matters.   This will ensure that elite women have a fair playing field and elite men will continue to compete with each other.   Average men will continue to be average and not win gold in women's sporting events.   

Again, I’ve consistently argued in favor of addressing transgenders in sport by means of of competitor categories.

I’ve never met anyone who would be regarded as an ‘average man’ in my sports career, competitive athletes are by definition well above ‘average’ and certainly way above those who’s participation in sports is from the sofa.

• Sad 1

Here's a question: If testosterone levels are your defining characteristic, why are transgender athletes tested, with a maximun allowable testosterone titer, yet cisgender female athletes are NOT tested for endogenous testosterone (which can easily exceed levels found in cisgender males)?

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2