World Athletics bans transgender women from competing in female world ranking events

onthedarkside

6 hours ago, scottiejohn said:

At last an organisation with the b@lls to do what is right!

Watch the woke brigade get their nickers/underpants in a twist over this!

As apposed to those with balls who wanted to pretend they didn't and compete with those that were born with none.

• Thanks 2

39 minutes ago, n00dle said:

you should have led with this if being understood was your goal.

Do not presume to tell me what I should post.

I have consistently stated over numerous threads discussing Transgender athletes that sports governing bodies need to deal with this and that the correct way to do do is apply competitor classifications.

No need for hysteria or moral outrage, simply add some new competitor classifications to accommodate new developments.

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, n00dle said:

Ah I see, So the onus is on those of us who don't religiously follow your prodigious posts to review everything you have ever written rather than responding to each comment in its own context?

It would seem you enjoy making patronizing responses and being misunderstood. It has certainly garnered you attention in this thread, 

Not at all.

It’s just I can point to my posting history on the issue of Transgender people in sport as comprising consistent arguments not rooted in moral outrage, let alone hysteria.

• Confused 3

4 hours ago, Credo said:

I fully support trans rights.  They deserve to be in a category of their own.  It is up to the governing bodies to decide how these situations should be handled.  

Why not catagorize by sex chromosomes?  XY you compete as male; XX you compete as female?  Seems simple enough.

4 hours ago, n00dle said:

you should have led with this if being understood was your goal.

I think they were more triggered by the "anti-woke" agenda of the previous posters, so they wanted to strike back at this.  Hence their point unwound over the course of the discussion.

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

But they could have come down on either side of it.

It is.  They could have been "woke" and allowed it, saying that "trans women are real women" and anyone who is complaining is simply "transphobic", but they didn't. 

They took the "non-woke" route and protected women.

Could have, but didn’t. 

Could have been but were not.

You are getting offended by what wasn’t.

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, Jaybott said:

Why not catagorize by sex chromosomes?  XY you compete as male; XX you compete as female?  Seems simple enough.

Simple? Are these males or females?? One is hypothetical, the other is an actual athlete IRL.

A. illustration of notes from exam that reads: Female genitalia fully formed. Breasts. No chest or facial hair. Never had a menstrual period. No children.

B. illustration of notes from exam that reads: Female genitalia fully formed. No breasts. No chest or facial hair. Never had a menstrual period. No children.

You can edumacate yourself if necessary at https://media.hhmi.org/biointeractive/click/testing-athletes/introduction.html. Lotta simply uninformed, ignorant statements in this thread.

Edited by Peabody
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Peabody said:

So should women with testosterone levels higher than males be banned from women's sports?? CG1 Blue, DarksideDude, Jaybott, HotChili??

If they are women? No, if they're women they shouldn't be banned. Why, do you think they should? 

20 hours ago, Darksidedude said:

there is always one bahhahahah

Not contributing to the discussion. Try answering the question.

"So should women with testosterone levels higher than males be banned from women's sports?? CG1 Blue, DarksideDude, Jaybott, HotChili??"

On 3/24/2023 at 11:15 PM, Peabody said:

So should women with testosterone levels higher than males be banned from women's sports?? CG1 Blue, DarksideDude, Jaybott, HotChili??

If they are born with XX chromosomes then no.

Who said anything about testosterone levels?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Peabody said:

So XX males are OK then?

There is no such thing as an XX male.

There is a rare instance a male is born with XXY chromosomes. With the presence of the Y chromosome, he is a biological male.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jaybott said:

There is no such thing as an XX male.

...With the presence of the Y chromosome, he is a biological male.  

I see now the basis for your foolish statements. You have, at best, a 9th grade level of understanding of biology. Most average high school students would know you are wrong, and any 18-year old who has passed a course in A-level Cambridge biology would rip your arguments to shreds.

Get some facts in your head before you let your mouth loose again.

A CYP21A2 deletion or mutation, which causes congenital adrenal hyperplasia in an XX human results in a female with male secondary sexual characteristics. 

Also, the mere presence of a Y-chromosome does NOT insure a male gender. From what I remember, there are at least 3 conditions under which XY humans are classed at birth as females.

5 hours ago, Jaybott said:

Who said anything about testosterone levels?

The argument for excluding trans-females is that the increased musculature and endurance bestowed by TESTOSTERONE makes it unfair to cis-females. Yet some females have testosterone levels as high as males. Hence, saying trans-females should be excluded ON THAT BASIS does not hold water unless you also exclude those females with a high titer of testosterone. 

Do you have another basis for your beliefs or are you just transphobic?

Edited by Peabody
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

I watched sports all my life , amateur and professional!

I particularly enjoy watching 

world summer and winter games.

I like men competing against other men and women competing against other women. 
I don’t want it any other way!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, riclag said:

I watched sports all my life , amateur and professional!

I particularly enjoy watching 

world summer and winter games.

I like men competing against other men and women competing against other women. 
I don’t want it any other way!

There were 18 mixed gender events at the Olympics, Tokyo. Men and women competing together.

https://olympics.com/ioc/news/mixed-gender-events-a-sign-of-innovation-and-greater-gender-diversity-at-tokyo-2020

• Haha 1