Crazy electrical usage?

cola1800

36 minutes ago, sometimewoodworker said:

In none of the examples is anyone using no electricity. All but one of the examples are taken directly from the PEA calculator, and it is to within ฿1 of the actual prices charged in my experience. FWIW Our usage is between 400 and 900

Thank you for your answer .

Can you tell me what you paid per kWh including taxes..

My estimation is on your march invoice you would be paying the same as my self after including all taxes etc .

As I say it was 5.8 baht up from 4.8 baht 

The rate for the small users is a politically motivated game to keep the masses from getting hold of the sickle .

2 hours ago, cola1800 said:

Sorry for the lack of updates. Wanted to get a bit of data before posting again. Seems this is quite a sensitive subject.

Yes I get 20c was way too low. You have to understand I just arrived from a country where it's 0c, so the temp jump and humidity was a lot for me. The aircon is now set at 26c and this seems more than acceptable.

Problem is by my calculations the bill is still going to be ridiculously high for where I live...

Over the last 24 hours (with the aircon set at 26c) the electric meter has gone from a reading of 835 to 848, so 13 units of usage. That would mean at this rate my monthly bill will be 3,200 Baht (paying 8 Baht per unit). But for arguments sake, assume I was paying 5 Baht per unit, I'd still be looking at a 2,000 Baht bill, which for a studio apartment with no washing machine or dishwasher and just 1 AC unit seems very excessive to me.

I did the test where I switched absolutely everything off and the meter did indeed stop spinning. Left it for a decent period too and nothing was shady. So at this point aside from moving I'm not sure what to do. I'm using the bare minimum any normal person can. My fridge is set to the most energy efficient setting, I don't leave lights on, my TV is mostly switched off, and I only run the AC when I get too hot. What more can I do?

Unless there's some sort of advanced modification that's been done to use more electric (when the AC is switched on), I'm lost as to why my usage is so high

What can you do, as said find somewhere else. 

On 3/24/2023 at 2:05 PM, cola1800 said:

The total size is 33m2, but I think this includes the balcony, so the room itself is probably around 26-28m2.

The AC was set to 20c, but I've now set it to 24c. It's on the lowest fan power

For our bedroom, roughly the same size as yours, I set the aircon to 26, that's more than cool enough. The total bill for our house, which includes 2 fridges, fans, TV's, PC, aircon etc, is usually around 1200-1500 baht a month.

Edited by giddyup

4 hours ago, Dogsredrocket said:

Because op said as much in the third paragraph - 8 baht per kWh. 

How does that indicate the supply is being interfered with?

From previous threads 8 baht is a fairly common landlord rate. The subject was beaten to death following the pandemic.

• Thumbs Up 1