Mosquito Screens

naammanow

Does anybody know the mosquito screens that look like a roller blind? With 2 plastic gliders on the side and the screen can be pulled down or up. The screen is usually a white plastic mesh. The Company involved also does sliding mosquito screen doors.

If so, please can you advise as where to get them? Any idea about price? Thanks.

You can see one on display at the Windsor showroom off the SuperHwy (going southeast, look for the Windsor sign on the left between TOA Color and Doi Saket Rd). Also, various places advertise them on the back of the home mags. I think the shops are in BKK though. Not sure about pricing.

I was considering this type of mosquito screen awhile back but went with the typical type. Glad I did since I've never had the need to 'roll-up' my screens out of the way. Whether my windows are open or shut, the mosquito screens are always drawn shut. There are just too many variety of insects flying around to leave them open.

On a side note...I REALLY wish my mosquito screens were mounted on the outside rather than inside of the home. Two-step process to open/close the windows and opening up the screen to open/shut the windows inevitably lets the biters in. For casement windows, I can see why they need to be on the inside but for sliding windows I see little advantage why the Thai's mount the screens on the inside. Someone please enlighten me.

BTW...here are some pics of the roller-type:

post-30832-1183981856_thumb.jpg

post-30832-1183982031_thumb.jpg

You can see one on display at the Windsor showroom off the SuperHwy (going southeast, look for the Windsor sign on the left between TOA Color and Doi Saket Rd). Also, various places advertise them on the back of the home mags. I think the shops are in BKK though. Not sure about pricing.

I was considering this type of mosquito screen awhile back but went with the typical type. Glad I did since I've never had the need to 'roll-up' my screens out of the way. Whether my windows are open or shut, the mosquito screens are always drawn shut. There are just too many variety of insects flying around to leave them open.

On a side note...I REALLY wish my mosquito screens were mounted on the outside rather than inside of the home. Two-step process to open/close the windows and opening up the screen to open/shut the windows inevitably lets the biters in. For casement windows, I can see why they need to be on the inside but for sliding windows I see little advantage why the Thai's mount the screens on the inside. Someone please enlighten me.

probably due to the fact that if the screen was exposed to the elements they wouldnt last as long. And some houses have security bars mounted on the outside as well

I wouldnt think many mozzies would swarm in on a 5 sec open/closing of windows, have a electric tennis racquet ready :o

probably due to the fact that if the screen was exposed to the elements they wouldnt last as long. And some houses have security bars mounted on the outside as well

I wouldnt think many mozzies would swarm in on a 5 sec open/closing of windows, have a electric tennis racquet ready :o

I had thought it may have something to do with the security/jail bars but i've seen bars mounted on the inside of homes as well as outside. Longer lasting? Hmmm...most windows are kept open so the screen is exposed either way.

In the States, screens are just about always mounted on the outside. Easier to clean hosing them down when on the outside. Plus you can put a bar down on the tracks to prevent the windows from being open for security. Can't do that here.

I posted that I had my windows turned around so the screen tracks would be on the outside, a shock to most Thai window guys.

There are many who defend the practice of mounting screens on the inside, but to me they are unsightly, must be removed to clean them, and the window. I still don;t get it. Likewise with front doors that open outward like a closet door. By the way, if the screen is on a track on the inside of the window, doesn't one have to first slide the screen aside to access the window to open it, then close the screen in a sliding window configuration?

Indeed these are the ones I am looking for, looking very neat and all. Any idea where to get them, address, tel. nr? Much appreciated.

And when the opening window is the outside window, the inside window is fixed so you have to go outside to clean the fixed window.

Bit difficult on the 11th floor of a condo block.

Oh, so when the opening window is the inside window, the outside window is fixed so you have to go outside to clean the opening window, don't you? Or do you just remove it then reinstall it and re-adjust the wheels to get it straight after cleaning, if you can lift it?

You can give the Windsor office a call at 053-247954-5 or drop by their place off the SuperHwy (see my original post for location).

They have them on display so they either sell them or can refer you to a local seller. Good luck!