I need to Buy A New Fridge

33 RPM

15 minutes ago, seajae said:

and they wanted us to pay 9000 baht as well, still waiting to hear from Samsung head office,

We paid 7,200 for a new compressor for 19cf Samsung from independent local shop about 3 years ago (refrigerator is 22 years old now and seems to be working well with new unknown brand compressor).   If have to pay might be worth while getting a second opinion as maybe someone else could make it fit inside.

8 minutes ago, nauseus said:

I wonder if we'd see all these complaints if Thai electrical power supply was stable?

Thailand power is more stable than most places that I have lived.  If units can survive the PI (where power is unstable) they should work fine here.  

Just now, lopburi3 said:

Thailand power is more stable than most places that I have lived.  If units can survive the PI (where power is unstable) they should work fine here.  

You must have had some interesting homes then!

Had a large Toshiba fridge/freezer for nearly 16 years, had to have the coolant replenished about a year ago.   Apart from that, never a problem.   It sits in our utility room.

In the kitchen lives a large Mitsubishi, 15 years old now, never a problem.   If/when I need to replace either, it will be with a Samsung.   All their products, whether phones/TV/fridges/washing machines are reliable, and certainly in Phuket, their after sales service is very good.

The Mitsubishi, three door, top freezer, middle fridge, bottom drawer vegetables.

20230330_090820.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/30/2023 at 9:07 AM, nauseus said:

You must have had some interesting homes then!

Dhaka, New Delhi, Vientiane, Angeles City, Conakry, Beirut were some of the 2 or more year garden spots.   

Back to refrigerators - our 22 year old Samsung with local replacement compressor is not making it during last week of 37c weather so have just ordered very popular and good priced Samsung RT50K (about 18cf) to replace it (bending down to below freezer is no longer a pleasant task).  This seems to be built for SEA market and a top seller so if any parts needed they should be available. Note that now have 20 year warranty on compressors.  

Edited by lopburi3

2 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

Dhaka, New Delhi, Vientiane, Angeles City, Conakry, Beirut were some of the 2 or more year garden spots.   

Back to refrigerators - our 22 year old Samsung with local replacement compressor is not making it during last week of 37c weather so have just ordered very popular and good priced Samsung RT50K (about 18cf) to replace it (bending down to below freezer is no longer a pleasant task).  This seems to be built for SEA market and a top seller so if any parts needed they should be available. Note that now have 20 year warranty on compressors.  

A few wobbly power locations in there but the power here has always fluctuated to varying degrees even though not so obvious as in India.

I had a look at your new Samsung - sites for spares for it popped up immediately so you should be OK - 22 years is pretty good though.

We need a new fridge too so I'll think about a Samsung. Cheers.