Greatest ping pong show on earth comes to Bangkok

webfact

image.png

By Peter Roche

Bangkok is gearing up to host the World Table Tennis Star Contender 2023 series tournament in late April. More than 300 professional table tennis players from 30 countries are expected to participate in the event, which is being held in Bangkok for the first time. The tournament will take place at the Hua Mark Indoor Stadium in Bang Kapi district from April 23 to 29.

There will be men’s and women’s singles, men’s and women’s doubles and mixed doubles trophies in contention.

At a press conference on Friday, Bangkok deputy governor Sanon Wangsrangboon expressed his excitement about the event.

Full story: https://phuket-go.com/phuket-news/national-news/greatest-ping-pong-show-on-earth-comes-to-bangkok/

Phuket Go

-- © Copyright Phuket GO 2023-03-27

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

Is ping pong a sport? It’s hard to tell. On one hand, it is an Olympic sport and has been since 1988. But on the other, it can’t be called a “sport” because there are no winners or losers. Ping Pong is a sport that seems to be on the border of being considered a sport. Ping pong players are constantly debating whether or not ping pong is classified as an Olympic sport, and if it should be considered one.

• Confused 5
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, still kicking said:

Is ping pong a sport? It’s hard to tell. On one hand, it is an Olympic sport and has been since 1988. But on the other, it can’t be called a “sport” because there are no winners or losers. Ping Pong is a sport that seems to be on the border of being considered a sport. Ping pong players are constantly debating whether or not ping pong is classified as an Olympic sport, and if it should be considered one.

Quote not mine 

27 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Ping Pong isn't the same as Table Tennis 

I didn't know that, had to look it up. Thanks for enlightening me. I also didn't know it originated in Victorian-era England. I grew up in a backwater and we didn't get taught these things.

Edited by Lemsta69
remove auto-converted bold text
  • Like 1

Damn talk about misleading information.

I thought walking street and or patpong were opening the doors 

Just think they could have

Accuracy contest 

Distance

Most tikes knocked over

Most balls in a time limit

Now that competition along with miss pingpong would really attract people 

• Like 1