Nashville school shooting updates: 3 kids, 3 adults killed; female suspect dead

Scott

Rest of the world, parents send their children to schools knowing that they will be safe and knowing that they will see them back home. Tragic situation whereby common sense safety supported by overwhelming majority held hostage by Republicans and the NRA for power. 

• Like 2

"Uvalde: AR-15

Buffalo: AR-15

Boulder: AR-15

Orlando: AR-15

Parkland: AR-15

Las Vegas: AR-15

Sandy Hook: AR-15

San Bernardino: AR-15

Midland/Odessa: AR-15

Colorado Springs: AR-15

Poway synagogue: AR-15

Sutherland Springs: AR-15

Tree of Life Synagogue: AR-15

Nashville: AR-15"

Of course the NRA will tell you more guns and security is needed. What happened to that argument at Uvalde where multiple armed police were too scared to confront the shooter.

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, sqwakvfr said:

As far as I know this is the first time that a suspect in a mass shooting has been identified as a Transgender Female.  All mass shootings tragic but this time the suspect does not fit the typical profile a mass shooter.  

Hale left a manifesto ! Hope the Fbi 

can figure the motive! Sick Sick mentality disturbed individual!

https://www.foxnews.com/us/nashville-shooter-audrey-hale-transgender-woman-opened-fire-covenant-school

8 hours ago, KannikaP said:

No, a man who thinks he IS a woman, or a woman who thinks he WAS a man.  

Sorry I think I got it the wrong way round. The shooter was a transman ie a woman who now thought she was a man.

8 hours ago, stoner said:

american mass shootings vs thai road safety. 

same same.....neither country gets it and continues down the path of carnage.

why do humans still manufacture guns in the first place ?  

Or cars!   555

5 hours ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:
6 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Republicans have not "banned abortions", neither have they "banned books", nor "banned drag artists".

I didn’t say they have, I said they will; try reading posts properly before jumping at people.

You're correct, I misread, I apologise. 

Having said that, "The Republicans" will not be banning abortion, books or drag artists, try quoting facts properly before jumping at the keyboard.

• Love It 1

5 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:
6 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Don't flatter yourself that you could ever provide all the information that I need!

I don’t owe you any information, your education in the matter is your own responsibility.

I didn't suggest that you do!

46 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

You're correct, I misread, I apologise. 

Having said that, "The Republicans" will not be banning abortion, books or drag artists, try quoting facts properly before jumping at the keyboard.

Apology accepted, thanks Lou. We obviously don’t know how things will pan out, but abortion has already been banned in the Republican States of Alabama, Arkansas, South Dakota, Kentucky, Louisiana, Missouri and Oklahoma.

And this is from an article in the Washington Post updated yesterday … 27th March

“Access to abortion remains a patchwork of state-by-state policies more than six months after the Supreme Court overturned Roe v. Wade, with abortion restricted across much of the U.S. Southeast.

More restrictions are almost certainly on the way. Republicans in several states have been pushing for stricter abortion bans since state legislatures reconvened in early 2023, the first opportunity for many to pass abortion legislation since the landmark ruling in June”

3 hours ago, sqwakvfr said:

As far as I know this is the first time that a suspect in a mass shooting has been identified as a Transgender Female.  All mass shootings tragic but this time the suspect does not fit the typical profile a mass shooter.  

She/he wanted to be a geezer and most shootings if not all are done by men. 

12 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Nashville school shooting: What we know about the killer so far

A school shooter killed six at the Covenant School in Nashville before police shot her dead.

We now know the attacker was a 28-year-old transwoman, by the name of Audrey Elizabeth Hale - initially police thought she was a teenager.

Nashville police chief John Drake said they are reviewing a manifesto and writings from the assailant whom they called a "lone zealot".

https://news.sky.com/story/nashville-school-shooting-what-we-know-about-the-killer-so-far-12843858

In other words it was a MAN figures are being skewed portraying women as becoming more violent when in actual fact it is trans women (men) who commit these violent acts

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Love It 1

3 minutes ago, RobU said:

In other words it was a MAN figures are being skewed portraying women as becoming more violent when in actual fact it is trans women (men) who commit these violent acts

No.

A police spokesperson told Washington Post that Hale "is a biological woman who, on a social media profile, used male pronouns".

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-65096684

7 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Of course the NRA will tell you more guns and security is needed. What happened to that argument at Uvalde where multiple armed police were too scared to confront the shooter.

Well, if the school had more armed security, they probably would have taken out the shooter. ????‍♂️

The police weren't scared, they were completely mismanaged and didn't have "permission" to engage.

Check it out: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robb_Elementary_School_shooting

• Sad 2

3 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

Well, if the school had more armed security, they probably would have taken out the shooter. ????‍♂️

The police weren't scared, they were completely mismanaged and didn't have "permission" to engage.

Not according to the latest investigation just published:

Uvalde cops admit they were too scared of school shooter’s AR-15 ‘battle rifle’

Cops who failed to rush in during the Uvalde school massacre repeatedly admitted to being too scared of the teen shooter’s AR-15 “battle rifle,” according to a new investigation.

https://nypost.com/2023/03/21/uvalde-cops-were-too-scared-of-shooters-battle-rifle-ar-15/

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Not according to the latest investigation just published:

Uvalde cops admit they were too scared of school shooter’s AR-15 ‘battle rifle’

Cops who failed to rush in during the Uvalde school massacre repeatedly admitted to being too scared of the teen shooter’s AR-15 “battle rifle,” according to a new investigation.

https://nypost.com/2023/03/21/uvalde-cops-were-too-scared-of-shooters-battle-rifle-ar-15/

A little unclear as to when this happened exactly.  Could have been neighbourhood first responders with small vests and pistols. 

It also doesn't disprove that they were told to wait.  They initially exchanged fire and were pushed back.

They were still waiting outside when it was guys with SWAT gear on.

If you look at the wiki page, you'll see that they were told to wait at one stage because they thought he was barricaded before he really was.

It wasn't until there were SWAT personal there with a bullet proof shield that they were able to go in.

Ironically, it seems like one of the main stumbling blocks was the protective measures within the school.

1 hour ago, BangkokReady said:

“Hale was a former student at the school, and police confirmed Hale cancelled plans to target another school in the same area as it had too much security”.

https://www.news.com.au/world/north-america/three-kids-and-four-adults-including-gunwoman-dead-in-us-private-school-shooting/news-story/66ea66aa9a965cc641738c631f95587a

Protecting courts and banks must be secondary to Protecting schools from people who snap !

55 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

A little unclear as to when this happened exactly.  Could have been neighbourhood first responders with small vests and pistols. 

It also doesn't disprove that they were told to wait.  They initially exchanged fire and were pushed back.

They were still waiting outside when it was guys with SWAT gear on.

If you look at the wiki page, you'll see that they were told to wait at one stage because they thought he was barricaded before he really was.

It wasn't until there were SWAT personal there with a bullet proof shield that they were able to go in.

Ironically, it seems like one of the main stumbling blocks was the protective measures within the school.

What part of this do you not understand? Gunman enters 2 mins in. Police follow a few mins later and do nothing but <deleted> themselves

"Uvalde Sgt. Donald Page also blamed the failure to storm in and confront Ramos on them knowing his weapon “was definitely an AR.”

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

What part of this do you not understand? Gunman enters 2 mins in. Police follow a few mins later and do nothing but <deleted> themselves

There was a lot of time between this, multiple different units turning up, and the gunman eventually being subdued.

There was a lot more to it than the first responders being "scared of an AR-15".

I think the problem is that your lack of knowledge is causing your understanding of the incident to be limited.

You should really check out the timeline on the Wikipedia page.  You'd have a much better understanding of what actually happened.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

28 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

There was a lot of time between this, multiple different units turning up, and the gunman eventually being subdued.

There was a lot more to it than the first responders being "scared of an AR-15".

I think the problem is that your lack of knowledge is causing your understanding of the incident to be limited.

You should really check out the timeline on the Wikipedia page.  You'd have a much better understanding of what actually happened.

The timeline is on the video for all to see.

You keep referring to an out of date wiki page (what makes you think I've not read it?). The investigation was completed recently it does say that in the NYP link I gave you. Its not on the wiki page..............yet. 

In previously unreleased interviews, police who responded to the Robb Elementary shooting told investigators they were cowed by the shooter’s military-style rifle, this drove their decision to wait for a Border Patrol SWAT team to engage him, which took more than an hour.

People have blamed cowardice or poor leadership or a lack of sufficient training for why police waited more than an hour to breach the classroom and subdue an amateur 18-year-old adversary.

But in their own words, during and after their botched response, the officers pointed to another reason: They were unwilling to confront the rifle on the other side of the door.

https://www.texastribune.org/2023/02/09/texas-dps-uvalde-investigation/

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Like 1

Of course, the police are scared of those assault-style weapons.  It would be suicide to face one of those weapons.  They are pretty much helpless when confronted with those weapons.   Dead officers aren't of any value in a crisis.   

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

If there’s anything that can be said of this horrific unessary tragedy that’s in anyway positive is in this instance the police reacted promptly and courageously obviously no one wants to put themselves in the line of fire from this or any other weapon kudos!unfortunately the same cannot be said for uvlade  Texas 

• Like 1