Shopee

willyumcr

Anyone else having delivery problems with Shopee? Twice in the last week, I ordered products and received flower seeds instead. First I ordered canned Olives and then I ordered A-1 sauce. Different sellers. Both times I was sent flower seeds instead. The problem today was I gave a friend money to pay the driver for A-1 sauce and when it was delivered he paid for it, not knowing it was flower seeds. I'm sure I am not the only one this is happening to.

• Haha 1

I only ever used shopee for buying weed, no problems other than the J&T driver getting lost once. I don't use it anymore since they seem to have taken down all the weed listings

There have been a few scams reported, and many of the sellers now advise that you make a video of yourself opening the package.

Also be very careful if a package arrives that you did not order,  (cash on delivery normally)  best course of action is to refuse to accept it, happened to my mrs a few times and the courier guy  had no problems with returning it to the depot or wherever.  Said it was a common occurrence

I think what happens  in these cases is the scammers that send it to you  claim  that it was a simple posting error and ask you to return the "expensive" goods that you have  supposedly  received , normally however the package is in fact empty. They then claim that you must have kept the goods and demand payment 

• 3 months later...

Well, Guess I will never learn. Happened again with Shopee. I made an 450baht order and received a box with a cookie inside instead. I am unable to go downstairs in my building so had the GF go down instead to receive the item. Shopee policy is I have to go to police station and make a fraud report and fill out papers which is not going to happen. Stick with Lazada only from now on.

• Thumbs Up 2

8 minutes ago, willyumcr said:

Well, Guess I will never learn. Happened again with Shopee. I made an 450baht order and received a box with a cookie inside instead. I am unable to go downstairs in my building so had the GF go down instead to receive the item. Shopee policy is I have to go to police station and make a fraud report and fill out papers which is not going to happen. Stick with Lazada only from now on.

I know there are a lot of scams on those platforms, but hs never happened to me.

You either attract them, or it is your own error.

Do you search for the cheapest of the cheapest listing for the item you want?

• Like 1

If everyone sells a product for 1,000 baht, and someone else sells it for 100 baht, don't bother buying it, because it sure is a scam.

Even in Amazon. I had that problem with memory cards, once. Never again!

Fortunately, Amazon's return policy is good.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, BenStark said:

I know there are a lot of scams on those platforms, but hs never happened to me.

You either attract them, or it is your own error.

Do you search for the cheapest of the cheapest listing for the item you want?

I have ordered 100s and 100s and 100s of things off Lazada and Shopee....

I guess about 50/50 from both.....

I have been scamed 1 time.....Yes once.....frrom a order from China.....

And I always buy the cheapest I can....

Yes scams happen but they are a drop in the online buying bucket....

Edited by redwood1

6 minutes ago, Hugh Cow said:

Why doesnt Ebay or Amazon operate in Thailand?

I buy quite a lot from amazon.com and amazon.co.uk

Nothing too bulky because of the shipping costs, but quite a few things (including shipping and import duties) have been cheaper than I can find locally.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/30/2023 at 6:47 PM, willyumcr said:

Anyone else having delivery problems with Shopee? Twice in the last week, I ordered products and received flower seeds instead. First I ordered canned Olives and then I ordered A-1 sauce. Different sellers. Both times I was sent flower seeds instead. The problem today was I gave a friend money to pay the driver for A-1 sauce and when it was delivered he paid for it, not knowing it was flower seeds. I'm sure I am not the only one this is happening to.

From your verbage, it seems that you're paying COD. Stop. Pay with a qr code. Shopee won't pay the seller until you acknowledge receipt or a time period elapses. If you pay COD there's no recourse if it isn't as it's supposed to be. AliExpress works this way too. Lazada, i don't know. 

4 minutes ago, gargamon said:

From your verbage, it seems that you're paying COD. Stop. Pay with a qr code. Shopee won't pay the seller until you acknowledge receipt or a time period elapses. If you pay COD there's no recourse if it isn't as it's supposed to be. AliExpress works this way too. Lazada, i don't know. 

What a lot of drivel.

COD or QR code doesn't make a difference in when the seller get paid, or your resource for item not as described

Problem I have with both Shopee and Lazada is they don't allow you to open the package before paying COD.

You can almost get in a fight with some of the delivery boys.

Often the package does not contain the correct item, or it does not stand up to comparison with the advertised photo.

• Thumbs Up 1