Chinese student here only 20 days kidnapped, tortured and murdered by evil gang from China

webfact

4 hours ago, nobodysfriend said:

Just as any other nationality ... Today , bad people are everywhere , always the same , a few are good people , many bad , does not really depend on the nationality .

Greed is turning humans to humons . ( Humonsters )

Take the last 3 letters of human, and the last 3 letters of nature, put them together, what do you get?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, BMW Overlander said:

It is mainland Chinese gangs stationed in Thailand who prey on the children of influential/well-off people from China. It starts with a ransom demand and if their demands are not met, they kill the kidnappee.

I get that but it says her father is a music teacher in China … not a lucrative profession to be paying out kidnapping ransom 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, ezzra said:

And just the other day the Chinese's authorities were warning Chinese not to travel to Thailand saying that Thailand is a dangerous place and Thais are all crooks and not to be trusted.

Are you sure the Chinese GOV or their Agents made such a statement? "ALL THAIS ARE CROOKS"?? 555

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, chilli42 said:

I get that but it says her father is a music teacher in China … not a lucrative profession to be paying out kidnapping ransom 

Her father is wealthy, allegedly.

Edited by Salerno

7 hours ago, bbbbooboo said:

Hmmm….. why do we need to read this horrible sort of news? How does it edify our daily experience of life i wonder?

We don't have to read it !  Its not compulsory and nobody is forcing you,  Feel free to keep your head in the sand and remain uninformed if you so wish.  Its easy enough to do so, is it not?

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, bbbbooboo said:

Hmmm….. why do we need to read this horrible sort of news? How does it edify our daily experience of life i wonder?

A smart man once questioned why we boast our failures at the front of the news (papers) and our accomplishments (sport) at the back?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Purdey said:

A news article with more adjectives than you can shake a stick at, demonizing the Chinese.

And the repetition, especially in the Thai Examiner article, over and over and over.  Reminds me of US news reports where they are desperate you believe it.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

8 hours ago, bbbbooboo said:

Yes, better that the only news made available for public consumption concerns niceness and goodness, with a ban applied to the publication of anything depressing, dark, cruel or violent. What a wonderful world it would then seem to be.

1 hour ago, Bday Prang said:

We don't have to read it !  Its not compulsory and nobody is forcing you,  Feel free to keep your head in the sand and remain uninformed if you so wish.  Its easy enough to do so, is it not?

these crimes are happening in almost every country and city any hour of the day. Be vigilant.  RIP young woman

10 hours ago, harleyclarkey said:

Well I guess that's got TATS knickers all in a twist.! They have wooed the Chinese for years now and especially after Covid. Stupid. 

Never put all your eggs in one basket. 

They haven't, there's millions of tourists coming from other countries.

9 hours ago, 2baht said:
12 hours ago, webfact said:

to ask the court to issue arrest warrants for three Chinese men,

I don't think they'll be turning themselves in sometime next Thursday or at a time convenient to both parties!

That's not the intention.  Arrest warrants have to be issued in order for Interpol Red Notices to be requested.

• Confused 1

13 hours ago, webfact said:

The senior police officer further said the CCTV system also shows three men of Chinese appearance entering a convenience store near a housing estate in Bang Yai, adding that witnesses confirm that the men had visited the store on several occasions.

Chinese facial recognition systems are supposed to be the most thorough in the world. So these people should be easily caught, if they went back to China, yes? 

7 hours ago, Smokey and the Bandit said:

Maybe the immigration cops time would be better off going after REAL criminals who kill people?

They don't need to, the regular RTP are doing that but they cannot act before a crime is committed or before they are advised of it!

"...better off going after REAL criminals who kill people?"

It sounds as though you're suggesting that murder is the only crime that should be investigated.  I take it that the Immigration officials in your country have abandoned their posts in order to do the work of the police force or are you just advocating it for Thailand?

Edited by Liverpool Lou