If i renew early , do i get the remaining Visa extended ?

14 hours ago, BritTim said:

The change of visa status is requested with a TM86 form (or sometimes TM87). The TM7 form was never intended to include a request for a change in visa status. Indeed, the wording of Police Order 138/2557 in various places implies it cannot do so. However, we are not going to agree about the meaning of extension of temporary permission to stay, and I will allow your next reply to be the final word.

Only the mentally challenged would think that visa status based  on marriage is no different to visa status based on retirement.

It is not all about forms, those that overstay change their visa status by default to "illegal",

What people think they know is based on translation and by definition cannot be literal.

10 minutes ago, DJ54 said:

Got curious on my Permit to stay Extension. The Extension expiration date is the same 2020,2021,2022

and 2023. Prior dates are in my expired passport. Non O Retirement 

Yes is stated in thread.

Your extension will start from expiry of existing extension and not the date of application.

Some chat in the thread concerns change of what the extension is based on.

Changing from example based on retirement to based on marriage some offices will date start of extension from day of application. 

19 hours ago, DJ54 said:

Got curious on my Permit to stay Extension. The Extension expiration date is the same 2020,2021,2022

and 2023. Prior dates are in my expired passport. Non O Retirement 

Yes of course it is...as posted previously in the thread.

On 4/6/2023 at 12:15 PM, spidermike007 said:

No. That would be a gracious concession on the part of immigration, and that is just not within their nature. 

I have been told you can't renew more than two weeks from the expiration date. Was that bad information? There might be some exceptions, but be prepared to lose the remainder of time left on your visa. 

They will not lose the remainder of the time on their old visa.... the new extension will be effective at the expiry date of the old visa.

Stop spreading FUD haha

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, damo1967 said:

They will not lose the remainder of the time on their old visa.... the new extension will be effective at the expiry date of the old visa.

Stop spreading FUD haha

OK. I get the point. You are better informed than I am.