King Charles' coronation balcony line-up revealed in full: No Harry, Meghan or Prince Andrew

23 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Well, since those three aren't going to be there, I'm going to see if I can get a refund for my ticket.

I had no Idea they were selling tickets for the privilege of Booing Those three on the way in. :cheesy:

Ps Was there a complementary, 6 pack of eggs included in the price ? :giggle:

Edited by quake
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, quake said:

I had no Idea they were selling tickets for the privilege of Booing Those three on the way in. :cheesy:

Ps Was there a free, 6 pack of eggs included in the price ? :giggle:

I'm reconsidering looking for the refund. It would mean I would have to give up ownership of the Brooklyn Bridge.

• Confused 2

6 minutes ago, placeholder said:

I'm reconsidering looking for the refund. It would mean I would have to give up ownership of the Brooklyn Bridge.

Don't get the connection ?

Your not on about London Bridge are you ?

Edited by quake

It is Charles Coronation and his choice of who should be where.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-65213428

Community representatives set to attend the King's coronation have spoken of their joy at being invited.

King Charles and Camilla, the Queen Consort, have invited 850 people to the 6 May ceremony in recognition of their charitable contributions.

The group includes 450 British Empire Medal recipients and 400 young people from groups chosen by the Royal Family.

Julian and Maria Sturdy-Morton, who ran a lockdown food delivery service, said it was "humbling" to be asked.

At the beginning of the Covid pandemic, the couple set up a network connecting wholesalers, who were struggling to stay afloat, with households unable to secure a supermarket delivery or get to the shops.

Quality food which would otherwise have gone to waste reached 500 households in south west London, including 100 people who could not afford to pay.

He has invited people who have actually helped other people and not the freeloading members and whiners in his family.

Good for him and Camilla.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, proton said:

How gracious of him, no doubt the sycophant grovellers will accept and be touching their forelocks in gratitude, just the usual PR to make these leeches appear to be more acceptable. If we were given a vote on this shower they would likely be given the boot.

You may think so, but I and millions of other Brits would disagree with you.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, proton said:

Irrelevant and absurd ceremony, I don't think many other European royals still do coronations. This nonsense should have ended with Charles the first getting beheaded, if only Cromwell had lived a bit longer they might never have crept back in. Even Rome almost never went for hereditary Emperors, and when they did it was usually a disaster. QE 2 did a good job, but it really is time to end this absurd system of a head of state appointed purely on who their parents were. As for the adulteress she is an utter disgrace.

Well there you have it. Britain was once a republic but the parliament decided they needed a monarch to return stability to a divided country.

It is all about stability, which is what commerce needs.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, VocalNeal said:

Well there you have it. Britain was once a republic but the parliament decided they needed a monarch to return stability to a divided country.

It is all about stability, which is what commerce needs.

Well the countries which ditched monarchies seem to just be as stable, or not, as the ones still clinging on to these over privileged toffs ruling over us.

4 minutes ago, billd766 said:

You may think so, but I and millions of other Brits would disagree with you.

Lets have a vote on it and find out! Saw the coronation in 1953 on next doors 9 inch TV but I wont be watching this one. At least this pathetic couple won't be around that long.

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, proton said:

Lets have a vote on it and find out! Saw the coronation in 1953 on next doors 9 inch TV but I wont be watching this one. At least this pathetic couple won't be around that long.

Latest vote carried out 31st March 

47% Favourable

26% Unfavourable

25% Neither

2% Don't know

The favourablity has gone down since the Spare book was published but is still +21% net

https://www.ipsos.com/en-uk/royal-familys-favourability-rating-drops

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Latest vote carried out 31st March 

47% Favourable

26% Unfavourable

25% Neither

2% Don't know

The favourablity has gone down since the Spare book was published but is still +21% net

https://www.ipsos.com/en-uk/royal-familys-favourability-rating-drops

Poll is not a vote, everyone thought the plebs would vote for the EU! They will continue to lose support when the vile one is crowned Queen, that's just rubbing the publics nose in it. 

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, proton said:

Poll is not a vote, everyone thought the plebs would vote for the EU! They will continue to lose support when the vile one is crowned Queen, that's just rubbing the publics nose in it. 

Yea I was just about to edit that but seeing as you label a proportion of the population as plebs I doubt it would make much difference. Personally I'm all for the monarchy but those that aren't have just as much say as me in a vote and I see no need to label them.

Edited by Bkk Brian

4 hours ago, billd766 said:

It is Charles Coronation and his choice of who should be where.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-65213428

Community representatives set to attend the King's coronation have spoken of their joy at being invited.

King Charles and Camilla, the Queen Consort, have invited 850 people to the 6 May ceremony in recognition of their charitable contributions.

The group includes 450 British Empire Medal recipients and 400 young people from groups chosen by the Royal Family.

Julian and Maria Sturdy-Morton, who ran a lockdown food delivery service, said it was "humbling" to be asked.

At the beginning of the Covid pandemic, the couple set up a network connecting wholesalers, who were struggling to stay afloat, with households unable to secure a supermarket delivery or get to the shops.

Quality food which would otherwise have gone to waste reached 500 households in south west London, including 100 people who could not afford to pay.

He has invited people who have actually helped other people and not the freeloading members and whiners in his family.

Good for him and Camilla.

Going to be a bit crowded on that balcony

• Sad 1

14 hours ago, proton said:

Well the countries which ditched monarchies seem to just be as stable, or not, as the ones still clinging on to these over privileged toffs ruling over us.

Russia........................????

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Irrelevant and absurd ceremony, I don't think many other European royals still do coronations. This nonsense should have ended with Charles the first getting beheaded, if only Cromwell had lived a bit longer they might never have crept back in. Even Rome almost never went for hereditary Emperors, and when they did it was usually a disaster. QE 2 did a good job, but it really is time to end this absurd system of a head of state appointed purely on who their parents were. As for the adulteress she is an utter disgrace.

You mean like Russia that got rid of their monarchy?

How do you feel that is working out ?

????

• Haha 1

You have the front to use the word "plebs".....:huh:

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Beachcomber said:

You mean like Russia that got rid of their monarchy?

How do you feel that is working out ?

????

as well as France, Germany, the USA, China, Italy, Greece, and Scotland!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, transam said:

Scotland has a King......:ermm:

Not Scottish so not their king, occupier king the friend of pedos everywhere, partly why Saville was untouchable, here was another. Not my king, or his disgusting wife my Queen. From the Guardian:

Friendship with Prince Charles made paedophile bishop Peter Ball 'impregnable

• Haha 1