Chuwit vows to continue his crusade against the Bhumjaithai Party and marijuana despite order

webfact

Sounds like Mr

Kamolvisit needs a few hits of good bud. Sabai Sabai pi Chuwit. 

Legalization of cannabis is one of the few things his buddy Anutin has achieved and with controversy. A bold move given his delays with Siam Bioscience. 

• Haha 1

On 4/7/2023 at 12:21 PM, NK012 said:

Must be it.  His connections are losing their profit from its now legal status.  He can Cry More.  The wave will not be stopped by another corrupt individual. Regardless of the law.  NO HUMAN can tell me not to smoke weed.  If you have a problem with it, eat a fat pickle. And stop being such a square. 

Currently not strictly legal the bill didn’t pass through Parliament before it was dissolved.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, webfact said:

The court ruled that Chuwit’s criticism and comments about the Bhumjaithai party’s cannabis policy concern the positives and negatives of cannabis use and are useful for the public, so they understand the arguments for and against.

I sense a change in the wind.... Prawit, Prayut & Anutin on the slippery slope?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Crusading against the established parties is a good thing. Crusading against legalization of ganja is dumb, misguided, purile, ignorant, and unfortunate. He is being misled by his advisors, who are likely dinosaurs. 

Very unlikely Chuwit is being misled or advised by anyone. More like following a personal feud. People mention him as bravely ready to name names. But seems to have been receiving donations recently that somewhat undermine his public-spirited motives.   

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

37 minutes ago, Pedrogaz said:

Please, please, please Chuwit, ramp up your campaign. Anutin is the scummiest of all scum, the capo di tutti cap of scum. His tenure as head of Public Health has been an International embarrassment with his no-nothing science and constantly U-turns......a bit like the cannabis campaign where he constantly misleads the public on the differences between hemp and weed. Now look at the state of the nation.....thousands of people have in vested in businesses selling cannabis, hoping to make billions of baht....what's going to happen to these businesses. And it is all down to the stupidity of Anutin. Chase him, harry him, stress him.....kill his party in the election.

I think you will find that the majority of cannabis is being imported and the people who thought they were going to make billions aren’t.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Pedrogaz said:

Now look at the state of the nation.....thousands of people have in vested in businesses selling cannabis, hoping to make billions of baht....what's going to happen to these businesses.

3 hours ago, Jumbo1968 said:

all the parties apart from one are against full legalization of cannabis, it will be legal but for medical purposes only, the intention in the first place.

This is all a political ploy to add some rural voters who'd never vote for the conservative parties to the conservative coalition. Rules as they are will last through the election and then it's game over.

The current policy makes no sense. Why allow small players a piece of the ganga action when they've been shut out of the (micro brewery) alcohol industry for ages to protect the big boys? 

Why the stupid mid day and holiday alcohol bans which currently don't apply to ganga shops?

Nonsensical and elite protective alcohol policies have been intransigent for decades. Either they change to be more similar to the current ganga free for all, or the ganga rules change to look more like alcohol rules. Difference being that while not everyone can brew alcohol, any idiot can grow a ganga plant. Which to me spells doom for the ganga industry unless the big boys can somehow monopolize it like they do alcohol sales.

Edited by ftpjtm

58 minutes ago, ftpjtm said:

This is all a political ploy to add some rural voters who'd never vote for the conservative parties to the conservative coalition. Rules as they are will last through the election and then it's game over.

The current policy makes no sense. Why allow small players a piece of the ganga action when they've been shut out of the (micro brewery) alcohol industry for ages to protect the big boys? 

Why the stupid mid day and holiday alcohol bans which currently don't apply to ganga shops?

Nonsensical and elite protective alcohol policies have been intransigent for decades. Either they change to be more similar to the current ganga free for all, or the ganga rules change to look more like alcohol rules. Difference being that while not everyone can brew alcohol, any idiot can grow a ganga plant. Which to me spells doom for the ganga industry unless the big boys can somehow monopolize it like they do alcohol sales.

Don’t worry if cannabis does take off the big boys will move in and put the small growers out of business.

• Thumbs Up 1

34 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

Advert on Facebook, 

HIGH ROLLERS SPORTS BAR & GENTLEMAN’S CLUB
Soi Chaiyapoon, Pattaya
Featuring more than 50 high class hostesses ?

high class hostesses, new name for bar girls ?

Very old name for bargirls actually

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ftpjtm said:

You are  joking  right?,  At least I hope you are.  There is absolutely nothing difficult whatsoever about brewing alcohol, absolutely anybody can do it !.  We even did it in school as a project when I was about 10 years old ! 

The Thais have been doing it for probably thousands of years, all  or should I say  both of the necessary ingredients are easily available anywhere, don't you know what they are?

Have you really never heard of "Sah Toh" ?  Never heard of "Khao Mark" ?  My mother in law was distilling her own Lao Khao years  ago   Are you  completely unaware of the thousands or more likely millions of people around the world who brew their own wine or beer as a hobby?

You obviously know very little about either alcohol or ganga !

1 hour ago, Jumbo1968 said:

Don’t worry if cannabis does take off the big boys will move in and put the small growers out of business.

25 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

You are  joking  right?,  At least I hope you are.  There is absolutely nothing difficult whatsoever about brewing alcohol, absolutely anybody can do it !.  We even did it in school as a project when I was about 10 years old ! 

The Thais have been doing it for probably thousands of years, all  or should I say  both of the necessary ingredients are easily available anywhere, don't you know what they are?

Have you really never heard of "Sah Toh" ?  Never heard of "Khao Mark" ?  My mother in law was distilling her own Lao Khao years  ago   Are you  completely unaware of the thousands or more likely millions of people around the world who brew their own wine or beer as a hobby?

You obviously know very little about either alcohol or ganga !

Anyone with a small patch of land or some large pots of soil can grow ganga for their own consumption or to sell on a small scale. 

Yes, individuals can brew alcohol too, but it's more complex than growing a plant. As an example, in my residential neighborhood of about 40 homes, probably close to 50% are currently growing ganga in gardens. Zero are brewing alcohol. 

Without knowing the source of the ganga currently being sold in the small shops scattered across the country I can't believe a large portion isn't supplied small scale growers. By contrast, the major beverage conglomerate monopolies have a tight grip on the alcohol supply in the major population centers. 

I don't believe that situation will remain after the upcoming election. 

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, ftpjtm said:

Anyone with a small patch of land or some large pots of soil can grow ganga for their own consumption or to sell on a small scale. 

Yes, individuals can brew alcohol too, but it's more complex than growing a plant. As an example, in my residential neighborhood of about 40 homes, probably close to 50% are currently growing ganga in gardens. Zero are brewing alcohol. 

Without knowing the source of the ganga currently being sold in the small shops scattered across the country I can't believe a large portion isn't supplied small scale growers. By contrast, the major beverage conglomerate monopolies have a tight grip on the alcohol supply in the major population centers. 

I don't believe that situation will remain after the upcoming election. 

I dare say a large proportion of the so called "exotic" ganja sold in retail outlets at vastly inflated prices is produced by small growers but I guarantee  not very much if any is grown in peoples gardens for several reasons :-  the seasonal nature of the flowering cycle , the weather, and the presence of insects and other pests, 

The vast majority of cannabis smoked  is not sold in these retail outlets. and actually  is grown outdoors, but in large scale farming operations. It is sold by the Kilo or even by the tonne, a bit beyond the scope of the average gardner in scale alone, not to mention the practicalities of selling it

You are vastly over simplifying things if you think that all one needs to do is throw a few seeds into a bit of soil, to be rewarded with some quality product that somebody is going to hand over their hard earned cash for

Why not have a go and let us all know how you get on,  regarding the quantity produced, and how much you manage to sell.  I'm guessing that you don't smoke it yourself but if you need somebody to test it for you, well its an onerous task but i'd be prepared to take it on.

I also believe, that  regrettably the current situation will change, and not for the better, but it doesn't really bother me that much. Like most people on this forum who are in favour of it , I never really let its illegality interfere with my enjoyment of it.  There's 1000s of people  who have been smoking it discreetly since time immemorial, its illegality has never really been an issue for them , and they won't be stopping due to any change in the law, 

A reversal in the law will just drive it back underground again, much to the delight of the police and the criminal gangs who ran the operations before

I'm not 100% sure how things stand at present but it used to be illegal here to brew alcohol here and I think it still is I 'm pretty certain that distilling liquor is illegal too.  That probably explains  why you have not noticed your neighbours doing it, also its not something that people would attempt to do in their gardens for similar reasons as outlined above. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/7/2023 at 1:13 AM, bamnutsak said:

Actually, the Thai consitution "suggests" these are rights, but then also severely limits them, so no, he's wrong.

And of course, in Thailand, some people have more rights than others, depending on where they are situated in the Thai social pyramid structure.

As regards the rights and liberties of the Thai people, in addition to the rights and
liberties as guaranteed specifically by the provisions of the Constitution, a person shall
enjoy the rights and liberties to perform any act which is not prohibited or restricted by
the Constitution or other laws, and shall be protected by the Constitution, insofar as the
exercise of such rights or liberties does not affect or endanger the security of the State
or public order or good morals, and does not violate the rights or liberties of other
persons.

"Rights" in Thailand are directly proportionate to the amount of money in your bank account!

RAZZ

• Thumbs Up 2

4 minutes ago, Thingamabob said:

Not only the  foreign vote. Many, many Thais now have an interest, one way or another, in the cannabis business.

71 million people live in Thailand, I think a large percentage of them have no interest in cannabis and it won’t influence how they vote. The Health minister who decriminalised cannabis has currently less than 2% of the vote.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

71 million people live in Thailand, I think a large percentage of them have no interest in cannabis and it won’t influence how they vote. The Health minister who decriminalised cannabis has currently less than 2% of the vote.

So how many of those 70+ million have you spoken to in order to arrive at that conclusion,  ?   

• Haha 1