Chuwit vows to continue his crusade against the Bhumjaithai Party and marijuana despite order

webfact

1 hour ago, Bday Prang said:

So how many of those 70+ million have you spoken to in order to arrive at that conclusion,  ?   

What a ridiculous question, don’t you follow the Thai media, the Bhumjaithai Party led by Anutin has less than 2% of vote going by the opinion poles, in the last election legalising cannabis was the only item on his manifesto.

If one of the big players in Thailand was involved with cannabis the same as vaping things would be different but none of them are interested.

15 hours ago, Jumbo1968 said:

Advert on Facebook, 

HIGH ROLLERS SPORTS BAR & GENTLEMAN’S CLUB
Soi Chaiyapoon, Pattaya
Featuring more than 50 high class hostesses ?

high class hostesses, new name for bar girls ?

Sorry posted in wrong topic.

10 hours ago, Jumbo1968 said:

What a ridiculous question, don’t you follow the Thai media, the Bhumjaithai Party led by Anutin has less than 2% of vote going by the opinion poles, in the last election legalising cannabis was the only item on his manifesto.

If one of the big players in Thailand was involved with cannabis the same as vaping things would be different but none of them are interested.

Not many pot heads could be arsed responding to opinion polls, Lets just hope they can find the motivation to vote!

I think you were correct though when in your previous post that a large percentage have no interest in cannabis however I'm not talking about just  "business" interest. 

I reckon that ( in round numbers)   about  let's say 90%  maybe more ? of people don't indulge but really couldn't care less about those that do , so we don't hear a sound out of these people, they are by nature a silent majority and have no feelings either for or against legalisation 

Then let's say that there are 9%  maybe less ? of people who do smoke, well we won't be hearing much noise from them either as they've got nothing to complain about a silent minority, for want of a better descriptive.

That leaves just 1% (  obviously a lot less in reality but i couldn't be bothered  with fractions) of people who don't smoke and for whatever reason are vehemently opposed to it and think it should be banned, The last group have a lot to say for themselves, with their constant "reefer madness" hysteria  . A very vocal minority, who feel so strongly about this that they will use any opportunity be it TV , News papers, public demonstrations, social media etc etc.  to promote their cause , and that's fine, its kind of a free country and they are entitled to express their concerns 

As I said 1% is a vast over estimate , there really isn't many of them , there wasn't that many vocal opponents when it first got deregulated and there seems to be a lot less now, and you can forget Chuwit, that guy doesn't have an altruistic bone in his body, his new found "aversion" to cannabis is nothing to do with any societal concerns, its purely political, he just thinks he's found a way to Shaft Anutin

The situation on this forum seems to mirror this (although the 9 %  of users are uncharacteristically vocal ) many of the aggressive reefer madness types have gone very quiet, have they just lost interest or is it because after the best part of a year non of their panic mongering predictions have materialised.?

Either way it seem just wrong that the less than 1%  should have any say in what the more than 99% are allowed to do

• Thumbs Up 1

On 4/8/2023 at 4:09 PM, Jumbo1968 said:

I think you better stock up because all the parties apart from one are against full legalization of cannabis, it will be legal but for medical purposes only, the intention in the first place.

Well this quote from the op in another thread sound a bit more optimistic 

It concerned a few "unlicensed " traders getting their collars felt at a local market

"The authorities hope that this crackdown will deter others from engaging in illegal activities and promote the safe and responsible use of marijuana in compliance with the regulations."  

Safe and responsible use of marijuana"   , treating adults like adults

• Like 1

On 4/9/2023 at 11:38 AM, ftpjtm said:

Well that's the hope of the royalists and conservatives. 

The rural communities historically have strongly supported Pheu Thai (and descendant parties). The conservatives are hoping to appeal to some of them via Bhumjaithai, which is an essential part of the coalition that kept Prayut in power.

I personally hope Bhumjaithai loses support to get the conservatives out of power and inch Thailand closer to democracy.

And the fact that a ganga bonanza failed to materialize for farmers isn't helping Bhumjaithai 

https://www.reuters.com/world/asia-pacific/thailands-promised-cannabis-bonanza-disappoints-politicians-trade-blame-2023-04-06/

Bhumjaithai are no different to Pheu Thai. A party of the rural masses, albeit on a more localized scale than Pheu Thai. Pheu Thai themselves are a very conservative party. Absolutely no initiatives for advancing democracy. Amazing the number of people on here who simply say elections are democracy. The Soviet Union used to hold local elections.
When Thaksin was in power he completely set back and destroyed the more open and critical media that was just beginning to emerge. How can you hold democratic elections under such conditions? What say do Pheu Thai members have in the running of their party? Over party policies? Bhumjaithai, Pheu Thai, same same, just different people trying to take the biggest share of the pie. Better than the military I suppose. But inching closer to democracy? Not in any way at all. 

• Sad 2

8 hours ago, KhaoNiaw said:

Bhumjaithai are no different to Pheu Thai. A party of the rural masses, albeit on a more localized scale than Pheu Thai. Pheu Thai themselves are a very conservative party. Absolutely no initiatives for advancing democracy. 

Some differences between Bhumjaithai and Pheu Thai. 

- Pheu Thai did not participate in a coalition to keep the junta in power.

- Pheu Thai did not participate in making the voting process substantially less democratic by appointing 250 senators friendly to the ruling coalition. 

Pheu Thai is far from perfect but a lesser of two evils. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, ftpjtm said:

Some differences between Bhumjaithai and Pheu Thai. 

- Pheu Thai did not participate in a coalition to keep the junta in power.

- Pheu Thai did not participate in making the voting process substantially less democratic by appointing 250 senators friendly to the ruling coalition. 

Pheu Thai is far from perfect but a lesser of two evils. 

Can anyone change the constitution to get rid the of upper house of the 250 unelected senators who are ‘friends’ of the current PM .

• Thumbs Up 1

On 4/7/2023 at 6:37 AM, dinsdale said:

Legalizing dope has quite obviously ruined that part of his income.

But it isn't legal yet other than for medicinal purposes.

It is a badly thought out and planned ruling. 

If it was done properly in the first place then you would have grounds for complaining about Chuwit.

Considering that it has been sponsored by a convicted drug dealer, I have expected nothing better than it is now.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, billd766 said:

But it isn't legal yet other than for medicinal purposes.

It is a badly thought out and planned ruling. 

If it was done properly in the first place then you would have grounds for complaining about Chuwit.

Considering that it has been sponsored by a convicted drug dealer, I have expected nothing better than it is now.

Well it's decrimanalised. Chuwit's a crim. Why put this buffoon on a pedistal. Badly thought out policy? Well of course. TIT. When it comes to policy IMO TBT rather than TIT is more appropriate. TBT acronym for Thought Bubble Thailand.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 4/9/2023 at 10:50 AM, connda said:

There is a significant number of farmers who are now capitalize and growing cannabis.  It's a cash crop and over time more and more farmers will benefit. 
In my humble opinion I hope Bhumjaithai Party remains in power.

They never were in power, other than as part of a coalition supporting the PPRP.

I think that has now collapsed and hopefully  (IMHO) the BJP and Anutin will be booted out of politics forever.

29 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

Can anyone change the constitution to get rid the of upper house of the 250 unelected senators who are ‘friends’ of the current PM .

Why not?

Every military coup tears up and rewrites a new constitution to suit itself, starting with a blanket amnesty for them all.

3 minutes ago, stoner said:

to anyone who respects human life. 

I respect human life but the only drugs that I take are prescribed by the hospital doctors.

If you want to smoke marijuana why not wait until it is fully legal?

• Confused 1

13 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Why not?

Every military coup tears up and rewrites a new constitution to suit itself, starting with a blanket amnesty for them all.

If a party wins an overall majority might it be able to the constitution ?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, billd766 said:

I respect human life but the only drugs that I take are prescribed by the hospital doctors.

If you want to smoke marijuana why not wait until it is fully legal?

i will assume you have never had a beer or drank a coffee in your life as well then. bravo good on you for staying totally clean from those drugs as well. 

i am a medical cannabis user thank you. some of us are not just sitting around all day getting high. 

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

If a party wins an overall majority might it be able to the constitution ?

IMHO if any party on its own or in a coalition wins at least 376 seats they can overrule the unelected senate as well as the other political parties and nominate who the PM will be.

This IMHO is what is terrifying the current caretaker government and their coalition partners. They will stop at no means, fair or foul, to derail the election.

49 minutes ago, stoner said:

i will assume you have never had a beer or drank a coffee in your life as well then. bravo good on you for staying totally clean from those drugs as well. 

i am a medical cannabis user thank you. some of us are not just sitting around all day getting high. 

Of course I have drunk alcohol but never in countries where it was banned such as Brunei.

I used to be a tea drinker until the price got silly and now I only drink Nescafe 3 in 1, once a day and I don't always finish that.

So you are only a medical cannabis user and never a recreational user. It certainly doesn't read that way from your posts.

8 hours ago, billd766 said:

Of course I have drunk alcohol but never in countries where it was banned such as Brunei.

I used to be a tea drinker until the price got silly and now I only drink Nescafe 3 in 1, once a day and I don't always finish that.

So you are only a medical cannabis user and never a recreational user. It certainly doesn't read that way from your posts.

you can read into my life any way you want. assume away. you have shown you are quite good at that. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1