Charlie Kirk Says Gun Deaths 'Unfortunately' Worth it to Keep 2nd Amendment

onthedarkside

3 minutes ago, billd766 said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charlie_Kirk

Occupation      Political activist
Years active    2012–present
Organizations    Turning Point USA, Turning Point Action, Students for Trump
Political party    Republican
Spouse               Erika Frantzve (m. 2021)
Children    1

He has one child. I wonder if his views would change if it was his child slaughtered by some mindless moron with an AR 15?

quote from the OP

"I think it's worth to have a cost of, unfortunately, some gun deaths every single year so that we can have the Second Amendment to protect our other God-given rights, that is a prudent deal. It is rational, nobody talks like this, they live in a complete alternate universe."

He is a member of the GOP and a supporter of Trump.

There is a lot more information in the link if anyone wishes to read it.

Don't really care about America Bill anymore or UK but I would like a gun in Thailand because I have had guns in UK and would like one or more here. 

2 minutes ago, billd766 said:

I am also English and I hate guns.

The last time I held one was in 1983 at my annual range firing practice. It was an SLR 7.62 mm rifle.

I retired from the RAF the following year and have never touched one since.

I agree that the military, and ONLY the military should have weapons and under certain circumstances the police.

Nobody else NEEDS any type of gun.

As for the "God Given" right to own a gun.

As soon as you can produce 'god' to me and prove it then I may change my mind.

Fair call Bill but i love guns and miss them since i came from UK to Thailand.

No problem i compromised with archery and airgun and BB guns.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Don't really care about America Bill anymore or UK but I would like a gun in Thailand because I have had guns in UK and would like one or more here. 

Up to you.

But don't bring it to my house as a gun or anybody associated  with one is not welcome.

The only exceptions are the police and the army.

A few years ago somebody dobbed me in for having a rifle.

3 car loads of police and 2 truck loads of the army turned up at 6:30 one morning.

It seemed as though I DID have a rifle. Actually not me but the guy who worked for my neighbour. It was air powered and broken anyway.

After a thorough search accompanied by my wife that was all they found. They did apologise for the inconvenience, but they never told us who dobbed us in.

• Sad 2

On 4/7/2023 at 5:43 PM, Isaan sailor said:

How fast can police respond—anywhere in the world?  Americans are well defended from housebreaks.  Good luck confiscating their weapons.

Well, in the lastest (that I have heard of) school shooting in Nashville the response time was 12 minutes. Absolutely the best which can be expected according to experts.

Yet 3 children and 3 adults were already dead.

Whose weapons were you planning on taking from the school ????

On 4/7/2023 at 6:38 PM, Kwasaki said:

Legit question, when it comes to guns and Americans not all but some would like to keep his gun collection the same way i would like to keep my motorcycle or car collection not have them taken away.

Come on American guys here you know the mentality of gun guys in America I just assumed it. 

Cummin bro... Do you really think people in countries with logical gun laws do not have gun collections? You do reside on earth, right? Logical gun laws DO NOT prevent collections.

On 4/7/2023 at 8:25 PM, Mark Nothing said:

The 2nd Amendment restricts the right of the government from infringing on the right of citizens to keep and bear arms. 

It does nothing of the sort. Please read the <deleted> amendment verbatim... without the biased interpretations 

• Like 2

On 4/7/2023 at 4:29 PM, onthedarkside said:

"I think it's worth to have a cost of, unfortunately, some gun deaths every single year so that we can have the Second Amendment to protect our other God-given rights

In other words collateral damage is fine by this loon Kirk. What a sick individual.

Here's just a small portion of the cost that he turns a blind eye to:

"Accidental gun deaths occur mainly to those under 25 years old. So far in 2022, 209 children (age 0-17) have died by gunshot and an additional 519 were injured. Adolescents are particularly susceptible to accidental shootings due to specific behavioral characteristics associated with adolescence, such as impulsivity, feelings of invincibility, and curiosity about firearms."

https://www.aftermath.com/content/accidental-shooting-deaths-statistics/

• Like 1

3 hours ago, billd766 said:

Up to you.

But don't bring it to my house as a gun or anybody associated  with one is not welcome.

The only exceptions are the police and the army.

A few years ago somebody dobbed me in for having a rifle.

3 car loads of police and 2 truck loads of the army turned up at 6:30 one morning.

It seemed as though I DID have a rifle. Actually not me but the guy who worked for my neighbour. It was air powered and broken anyway.

After a thorough search accompanied by my wife that was all they found. They did apologise for the inconvenience, but they never told us who dobbed us in.

Regrets for what happed to you but that was not you having a rifle or gun as posted.

I would never bring a gun into your house in Thailand, or anyone's house you have mis-judged me.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mikebike said:

I have not heard the loud cry for a revolver ban... What r u on about?

The topic is if it OK to have an incredibly large number of deaths from suicide, murder, and mishandling to preserve the bizarre interpretation of an anachronistic amendment.

OK I get it that you not understand some post replies.

• Love It 1

Why does it matter? Do you have to be "american" to understand that countless, absolutely needless deaths, because of an absurd interpretation of a centuries old law, really lacks any national compassion?

No you need to know how many Americans think, when it comes to guns they don't think like you.

• Thanks 1

Cummin bro... Do you really think people in countries with logical gun laws do not have gun collections? You do reside on earth, right? Logical gun laws DO NOT prevent collections.

We obviously don't agree or see things the same way  in life, I guess its an age difference.

I stick to my own opinion.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

No you need to know how many Americans think, when it comes to guns they don't think like you.

50% of Americans still believe in angels. The gun addiction is a matter of belief, nothing to do with thinking.

Edited by Lacessit

4 hours ago, Lacessit said:

50% of Americans still believe in angels. The gun addiction is a matter of belief, nothing to do with thinking.

Spoke to a few Americans in my time but I don't know any Americans only see them on TV.

They do fun things with guns on Utube. 

14 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

Regrets for what happed to you but that was not you having a rifle or gun as posted.

I would never bring a gun into your house in Thailand, or anyone's house you have mis-judged me.

Rifles to me in the military are/were simply another tool to do a different job, like spanners, screwdrivers etc.

As I no longer did that job I didn't need a rifle.

In my 2nd career it was mainly hand tools and a laptop.

If I was forced to have a gun. I would opt for a hand gun fitted with shotgun shells filled with rock salt.

Luckily, nobody is forcing me.

• Thumbs Up 1

18 hours ago, mikebike said:

Why does it matter? Do you have to be "american" to understand that countless, absolutely needless deaths, because of an absurd interpretation of a centuries old law, really lacks any national compassion?

Actually, more people are killed with knives than with ALL long guns (rifles, shotguns, semi auto and single shot) combined. Ditto clubbing weapons- bats etc kill more people than long guns. Should they be banned as well? Cars kill tens of thousands too. 

https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/2019/crime-in-the-u.s.-2019/tables/expanded-homicide-data-table-8.xls

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, johnnybangkok said:

This is such an old, deflection argument that has been bandied around for years. You obviously aren't going to be able to ban knives and 'clubbing weapons' because of their other, proper uses but when guns become the number one killer of children in your country, then perhaps, just perhaps you should do something about something you can ban or restrict.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2022/12/14/magazine/gun-violence-children-data-statistics.html 

It is a good argument because the guns that most ill informed anti-gun people want to ban (long guns) are not in fact a serious problem.  Handguns are, especially handguns in the hands of young black men which are used to kill other black people. THAT is the biggest part of gun violence, yet it is one that nobody wants to tackle. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

It is a good argument because the guns that most ill informed anti-gun people want to ban (long guns) are not in fact a serious problem.  Handguns are, especially handguns in the hands of young black men which are used to kill other black people. THAT is the biggest part of gun violence, yet it is one that nobody wants to tackle. 

Keeping most of the house in the rightful place suit any problems I would guess, a bit like a batman kinda solution.

5 minutes ago, transam said:

The Second Amendment was written over 230 years back when the folk founding their new land needed to protect themselves with black powder arms.. 

Now hasn't N. America moved on in those 230 years to actually need a blunderbuss, or are the arms folk just using the 2nd Amendment for their businesses and hobbyists.  

Too many innocent folk are dying for nothing, I think a time for change, to stop burying your children via fruitcakes with guns.

I had a gun licence in the UK, it all ended, lives were more important, no more guns...............:cowboy:

But gun owners say we can protect people from the bad gun owners.

• Haha 2

Just now, Kwasaki said:

But gun owners say we can protect people from the bad gun owners.

Any country can have bad gun owners, but good gun owners can go nuts, or a nutter getting hold of a good gun owner's guns.

There are probably 101 different types of deaths via good gun owners guns in the USA...

But, I must confess, I wish I still had one, either the .357 or .44, as I haven't gone nuts yet..........:w00t:.......................:guitar:

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, transam said:

The Second Amendment was written over 230 years back when the folk founding their new land needed to protect themselves with black powder arms.. 

Now hasn't N. America moved on in those 230 years to actually need a blunderbuss, or are the arms folk just using the 2nd Amendment for their businesses and hobbyists.  

Too many innocent folk are dying for nothing, I think a time for change, to stop burying your children via fruitcakes with guns.

I had a gun licence in the UK, it all ended, lives were more important, no more guns...............:cowboy:

Perhaps it would be a good idea to go back to the original 2nd amendment but only allow black powder weapons and ban anything made newer than 1800. That way the 2nd amendment would still be available and only weapons made prior to that time to be allowed.

• Like 1

Just now, billd766 said:

Perhaps it would be a good idea to go back to the original 2nd amendment but only allow black powder weapons and ban anything made newer than 1800. That way the 2nd amendment would still be available and only weapons made prior to that time to be allowed.

The problem with that is, no one would look cool....????

I have fired a black powder blunderbuss, it nigh-on blew me over backwards...????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1