Bill Barr: DOJ could have 'very good evidence' of possible Trump obstruction in documents case

onthedarkside

image.png.02ab56aec8f7fa98917fd593c272a909.png

Former Attorney General Bill Barr, once one of Donald Trump's most loyal defenders, said the investigation of classified documents could pose a real threat for the former president, even as he slammed a prosecutor's indictment of Trump in a separate probe last week.

Barr said Trump played "games" with federal investigators as they sought to retrieve the documents from Trump's Mar-a-Lago estate. Those games, Barr said on ABC's "This Week," could amount to obstruction of justice.

"I think that's a serious potential case. I think they probably have some very good evidence there," Barr said.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2023/04/09/bill-barr-donald-trump-indictment-classified-documents/11631484002/

image.png.5fb7b712186388f5e8aeec34e20cd41e.png

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

It always amazes me as to how many anti Trumpers on this subforum are able to psychically diagnose mental conditions despite not a/ being qualified to do so, and not b/ having actually examined him in person. Far as I know, both a and b are required to give a medical diagnosis.

Yet, Telehealth with modern digital technology plays a large part in medical diagnosis of patients in remote areas and was used extensively during COVID. That is IMHO!

• Thumbs Up 1

On 4/12/2023 at 7:58 AM, berrec said:

Let's go after Biden for a more egregious act than what Trump is accused of.

Trump had alleged classified documents in a secure location, FBI inspected and guarded by the President's Secret Service personnel

Biden, had them laying in open view in multiple locations; even an alleged Chinese restaurant.

What's the greater miss handling of alleged classified documents here.

Yes, I know it’s a rhetorical question, Biden, of course! 

BS, of course. Not one word of truth.

• Haha 1

Jack Smith could charge Donald Trump with espionage after latest revelations

A little over a week ago, The Washington Post reported that among the things former President Donald Trump was doing with the documents he took from the White House was showing them off to people visiting him at Mar-a-Lago.

Trump was already in hot water for having the documents and spending a year refusing to give them back. What this adds to the piece of the story, reporter Michael Schmidt explained, is another piece of Trump's "intent."

https://www.rawstory.com/donald-trump-documents-espionage/

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

31 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Jack Smith could charge Donald Trump with espionage after latest revelations

A little over a week ago, The Washington Post reported that among the things former President Donald Trump was doing with the documents he took from the White House was showing them off to people visiting him at Mar-a-Lago.

Trump was already in hot water for having the documents and spending a year refusing to give them back. What this adds to the piece of the story, reporter Michael Schmidt explained, is another piece of Trump's "intent."

https://www.rawstory.com/donald-trump-documents-espionage/

I guess technically that could be the charge. Although I don't think his intent was to share these documents with America's enemies which would be the common understanding of what these "espionage' entails. Of course, if this turns out to be the case, it isn't just stupid, but very likely criminally stupid.

On 4/10/2023 at 7:39 PM, Kwaibill said:

It is not necessary to be a doctor, etc., to opine that Trump is a nutter. People who ARE doctors, etc., have confirmed this.

No responsible doctor would make a diagnosis without doing an examination, and IMO only a psychiatrist could make a valid diagnosis of mental illness.

So IMO those doctors have just been giving their opinions.

14 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

No responsible doctor would make a diagnosis without doing an examination, and IMO only a psychiatrist could make a valid diagnosis of mental illness.

So IMO those doctors have just been giving their opinions.

So let me get this straight.

You yourself never make any judgment on the mental state of people you come into contact with?