Foreigners Rounded Up In Buriram Crackdown

webfact

30 minutes ago, moe666 said:

I believe the bridge arrest was not the actual police but the city inspectors, similar to the ones who ticket you in Bangkok for butts on the sidewalk. I may be wrong but read that a while back on some forum.

Those are the plastic police known as 'tessakit' but are similar to PCSOs in the UK.  

Edited by Irrumator

2 hours ago, BritScot said:

I would disagree. A few days or a week is easily missed however when you get into 3 or 4 figures a different story and they are the ones that should be reported. Using foreigners as a score card is despicable. 

You cannot disagree with law. It is always right at the present time. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, harleyclarkey said:

Maths guys....maths.

6 foreigners??

But 17 detailed in the article. 

Anyway I hope they nabbed any pensionets playing bridge like those " criminals" in Pattaya! 

Comprehension guy, comprehension...

Six foreigners were detained for overstaying their visa with two of them being fined, one was arrested for working without a permit, four were held for illegal entry and 10 others on online gambling, carrying firearms and narcotics charges.

Six were overstay, of whom two were fined.

One more no work permit

Four more illegal entry

10 others

HTH

PH

• Like 1

5 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Quite the mixed bag.

I wonder if the employer of the illegal worker without a permit was also tracked down and arrested?

Was probably a restaurant or bar  registered on Thai wife's name and the bad farang owner was caught helping out in his shop... standard situation in Thailand

4 minutes ago, pp00 said:

Was probably a restaurant or bar  registered on Thai wife's name and the bad farang owner was caught helping out in his shop... standard situation in Thailand

A rare event - certainly in Buriram, and the Boonies in general.

Edited by hotandsticky

4 hours ago, hotandsticky said:

If you had ever had dealings with the immigration police you would not have made that dumb comment.

Immigration is a department of the R.T.P., our lad, who is Boarder Patrol Police, could get a transfer to Immigration if he wanted. ☺️

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, transam said:

Immigration is a department of the R.T.P., our lad, who is Boarder Patrol Police, could get a transfer to Immigration if he wanted. ☺️

They may all come under the umbrella of the Royal Thai Police..................but Immigration police are way ahead of the BiB.

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, harleyclarkey said:

Maths guys....maths.

6 foreigners??

But 17 detailed in the article. 

Anyway I hope they nabbed any pensionets playing bridge like those " criminals" in Pattaya! 

Six were on overstay and the rest caught on other crimes.

9 hours ago, Neeranam said:

I know many foreigners who gamble online, it's not illegal, if the site is registered outside Thailand.

Some were only fined for overstay?

Is your statement '*it is not illegal if the site is registered outside Thailand ' true?

2 hours ago, geisha said:

Nowhere in the world can you walk into countries  and do as you like !  You do not stay illegally in US, UK or any other countries either without risk of being deported etc.  Why should Thailand be different ?  Get a visa, do border runs, milk the system if you like but don’t consciously break the rules.  There are a lot of people that need to go back to their own countries.  

Bang on the money. I dont some people seem to support people overstaying their visas. 
i'm sure if it were foreignerin overstaying  their own country they'd most likel  be complainng. 

• Confused 1

9 hours ago, Neeranam said:

I know many foreigners who gamble online, it's not illegal, if the site is registered outside Thailand.

Some were only fined for overstay?

You do, wow, after many years here I can't recall one...:huh:

I guess you are in a gambling syndicate, eh....:ninja:

4 hours ago, dogfish180 said:

Take a walk along Sukhumvit road near Nana. A lot of West African chaps selling things that are not exactly legal. Wonder if they have work permits? Or visas!! Or would that be to easy for immigration? ????

They most likely have work permits as selling drugs does not come under restricted jobs for foreigners in Thailand .

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1