DIY 28kw/h Storage : EVE LF280k x 32 LiFePO4 Batteries

7 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Battery side.

Under-construction photo, the wiring has been tidied somewhat and the larger battery box is now enclosed. 

Ok, I see that your batteries will be in a well ventilated are, my shed is closed concrete block, should I foresee a forced extraction fan?

To be clear all I got now, is the shed wired so that I can insert a generator. enough money (unless they income tax) and a ridiculous offer from PEA for 10KW On Grid plus a Diesel generator.

I live in Buriram and have been unable to find and english speaking supplier for On Grid Hybrid. Maybe I should  look for someone who can speak Hebrew, German of French.

3 minutes ago, MJCM said:

I have it. I would not buy hydraulic again. I have open it many times becouse it stoped to work then until now been lucky to be able to use it. Buy the type Crossy just post. Much longer life.

Pink

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Ben Zioner said:

Ok, I see that your batteries will be in a well ventilated are, my shed is closed concrete block, should I foresee a forced extraction fan?

Lithium batteries don't out-gas like lead-acid do so I wouldn't bother with forced ventilation other than maybe for keeping things (you) cool.

EDIT If you have your genset in there you may want ventilation that runs with the generator.

1 hour ago, Pink7 said:

I have it. I would not buy hydraulic again. I have open it many times becouse it stoped to work then until now been lucky to be able to use it. Buy the type Crossy just post. Much longer life.

Pink

Thx. Ordered that one.

2 hours ago, Ben Zioner said:

I live in Buriram and have been unable to find and english speaking supplier for On Grid Hybrid. Maybe I should  look for someone who can speak Hebrew, German of French.

Have fun doing that.

Just go online and buy direct from the manufacturer. I am doing the same with my new Inverters (Hybrid one and On-Grid (grid-tie) one). It is also a learning experience.

If you buy direct from the Manufacturer ask if they have a Direct Line to Thailand for Shipping, in that case it could cut costs for customs etc etc

Ps: I am in Buriram as well.

2 hours ago, Crossy said:

Lithium batteries don't out-gas like lead-acid do so I wouldn't bother with forced ventilation other than maybe for keeping things (you) cool.

EDIT If you have your genset in there you may want ventilation that runs with the generator.

I won't consider any offer for On Grid from PEA unless they buy the KWh at 70% of their selling price, so no genset. I will keep searching for someone who make and On-Grid Hybrid installation.

1 minute ago, Ben Zioner said:

I won't consider any offer for On Grid from PEA unless they buy the KWh at 70% of their selling price, so no genset. I will keep searching for someone who make and On-Grid Hybrid installation.

If you don't tell them you have solar you can get 1 to 1 so I am told if you have the old disc meter

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Ben Zioner said:

Talk to @KhunLA maybe his installer has what you want, but AFAIK he is from HuaHin but does projects all over Thailand

11 minutes ago, MJCM said:

Have fun doing that.

Just go online and buy direct from the manufacturer. I am doing the same with my new Inverters (Hybrid one and On-Grid (grid-tie) one). It is also a learning experience.

If you buy direct from the Manufacturer ask if they have a Direct Line to Thailand for Shipping, in that case it could cut costs for customs etc etc

Ps: I am in Buriram as well.

Too old and lazy for any DIY, don't want to work on roof.

4 minutes ago, TimeMachine said:

If you don't tell them you have solar you can get 1 to 1 so I am told if you have the old disc meter

ssshhtttttttt :thumbsup:

But don't get caught spinning your meter backwards (or going into negative meter readings) or you will be stuck with a digital meter, which (AFAIK) will charge you for Export.

Edited by MJCM

Just now, Ben Zioner said:

Too old and lazy for any DIY, don't want to work on roof.

same here, and my install is on the wall (and the next set of panels will on a flat part of our land just outside the wall, which you can see on the right.

1310211516_intended_locationforPanels.JPG.57c258bdefc8eae0ba21e8f72bc7267f.JPG

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, TimeMachine said:

I want to make a proper business decision, so I won't take into account a loophole that won't last, or isn't available where I live.

14 minutes ago, Ben Zioner said:

I want to make a proper business decision, so I won't take into account a loophole that won't last, or isn't available where I live.

but your 70% isn't going to happen also, because Thailand is one of those countries where it (seems) is very hard to be able to feed-in. One member on here is already waiting for well over a year to be able to feed-in and he has done everything by the book and used an approved installer. And PEA has even come over to his property several times already (and he already paid the money for the approval etc etc)

Just look up threads from the member @Thaifish

(Ps: Did I mention he is from Buriram as well??)

Edit: Found a topic from last Feb

Edited by MJCM
Used some wrong figures. Corrected

9 minutes ago, MJCM said:

but your 1 to 1 isn't going to happen also, because Thailand is one of those countries where it (seems) is very hard to be able to feed-in. One member on here is already waiting for well over a year to be able to feed-in and he has done everything by the book and used an approved installer. And PEA has even come over to his property several times already (and he already paid the money for the approval etc etc)

Just look up threads from the member @Thaifish

(Ps: Did I mention he is from Buriram as well??)

Edit: Found a topic from last Feb

Interesting. Don't know why everyone is worried about climate change. If it's real . We are clearly doomed. Most governments Couldn't organise a root in a brothel let alone deal with energy and climate.

• Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, TimeMachine said:

Interesting. Don't know why everyone is worried about climate change. If it's real . We are clearly doomed. Most governments Couldn't organise a root in a brothel let alone deal with energy and climate.

In that quoted post there is a mistake in my post which I later (after you posted) changed.

The error is (in the first line) 1-1 which you wrote and I quoted it to BenZ changed it to 70%

My bad.

In my home country, people sometimes have to pay to feed-in (YES you read that correctly), because there they use fluctuating energy prices and sometimes it's even negative.

I am in the process (longer term planning though) is to get enough Batteries in (around 30-40kW) to be a bit autonomous, but that SAID we well NOT discard our PEA line. For example we wired our install that certain points (like the 8kW water heater and a plug for welders) are directly connected to the PEA and thus bypass solar completely.

So we will still receive a bill from the PEA for when we use those.

Also when we have our Batteries in place we will stop exporting (read: Spinning the Meter backwards).

Hopefully soon, the first part, a 10kW Battery pack will be in place, and we will expand gradually.

I could go the full nine yards by getting the full 30kW Pack, but the controlling/deciding/hampering factor is SWMBO :whistling:

(Someone said to me. slowly slowly catch a monkey and that is what I am doing :thumbsup: )

• Like 1

On 9/23/2023 at 4:32 PM, MJCM said:

In my home country, people sometimes have to pay to feed-in (YES you read that correctly), because there they use fluctuating energy prices and sometimes it's even negative.

Same here,  its a Europe phenomena. Imagine the days they get payed to use energy. The more you use the more you got payed. Its not very environment friendly.

Pink

Edited by Pink7

2 hours ago, Crossy said:

Check, check and check again before actually connecting the BMS. You don't want to let out the Magic-Smoke!

The result of not RTFM!

No, not mine!!

image.jpeg.9500920a287ea2f1cf1e497512e09f62.jpeg

Yes all will be tested first.

Pink

• Thumbs Up 1

Looks pretty good.

Do you have a charger or power supply that goes to 60V or so? If possible, give it a charge to 58V (3.65V per cell) overall and leave for a little while (days) for the balancer to do its job.

• 1 month later...

Last day I got quite allot of difference Amp level of my to batteries and i wondering if my parallel cables between the 2 breakers not doing the job as i should. Today i tested to close down the battery with most Amp to get more Amp on the one with less, but I see much less Amp on the parallel cables than I wold expect. I will try investigate this and try collect some more details on this. My setup use cables between the breakers instead of busbar.

Pink