Pattaya Police Launch Random Nightclub Inspections to Maintain Peace During Songkran

webfact

Every couple of days you hear about Pattaya finest 'paying attention' to the entertainment areas, It will behoove the Pattaya police to pay attention to other areas of Pattaya other than the entertainments areas (where the money is) that is dire need to law and order.

• Like 2

"The officers then conducted identity checks on patrons to verify their age and ensure that they were not carrying any prohibited items. Police said tourists should refrain from doing all sorts of inappropriate things such as sexually harassing others during parties."

turn on the lights, turn off the music and everyone listen up - the cops have something to say!

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, cncltd1973 said:

"The officers then conducted identity checks on patrons to verify their age and ensure that they were not carrying any prohibited items. Police said tourists should refrain from doing all sorts of inappropriate things such as sexually harassing others during parties."

turn on the lights, turn off the music and everyone listen up - the cops have something to say!

Everyone must have felt really safe, having police checking all IDs and doing body searches. It would be really dangerous if customers were underage or patrons were trying to sexually harrass others. Next time I go to a night venue in Pattaya, I really hope the police conduct a raid so I can feel safe.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Pattaya — Pattaya Police randomly searched multiple nightclubs last night, April 11th, to keep tourists secured and to make them feel safe.

funny, they dont make me feel safe when I see them.

Brown mafia.

• Thumbs Up 1

To make them feel SAFE???

After a police raid, the venue might as well close the doors for the rest of the night... Atmosphere ruined.

What the TRUTH is:

Venues that contribute most to the RTP, basically "order" the force to raid competitive venues by choice.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, webfact said:

captain Pol. Col. Thanapong Phothi launched nightclub inspections in response to the national police chief’s order to prevent criminal activity

You could have just send your boss a memo about your initiative, instead of using the media to tell him...

Anyways, I'm sure Damrongsak needs news about reliable cops more then ever, he looks quite worried lately...

Edited by klauskunkel

7 hours ago, ezzra said:

Every couple of days you hear about Pattaya finest 'paying attention' to the entertainment areas, It will behoove the Pattaya police to pay attention to other areas of Pattaya other than the entertainments areas (where the money is) that is dire need to law and order.

money, money ...

9 hours ago, webfact said:

to prevent criminal activity during the Seven Dangerous Day campaign of the Songkran festival.

I was under the impression that the Seven Deadly Days operation was to prevent road accidents, not night-club fracas or rips-off.

21 hours ago, brianthainess said:

The last thing I would want to see on a night out for entertainment is a bunch of ARMED cops coming around checking ID and doing searches, unfortunately the RTP's reputation is so abysmal, I would feel safer without their presence without the fear of being set up or Shot by one of their unhinged personnel. The sign says KEEP WALKING so RTP just do that. 

Oh I don't know... sometimes in the GGB it can be a bit dull if there isn't some good football on the TV... watching these goons faff about is mildly amusing. In my experience they don't seem to bother foreign tourists that much. It can be especially good if they have some fiery mamasan or big old Thai lady manager, who starts to give them hell!

• Haha 1

On 4/13/2023 at 5:04 AM, Frankie baby said:

Police also checked fire exits and fire extinguishers in case of emergencies.

Come-on, this is mandatory, and usually done by competent safety personnel.

The competent safety personnel doing the mandatory checking did a great job at Mountain B. A little extra checking might not be a bad idea, actually.