Bikes on fire in Paris after Macron's pension reforms pass court hurdle

Social Media

The retirement age is proposed to increase by two years to 64. The change will be gradual, increasing by three months per year from September until 2030.

Seems reasonable if you ask me! But again, those who have less, and often have bad health, pays the price for the entire society! They always loose in both ends! 

So happy I got partly  out of it at 47, and secured as long I live, at least how it is for now. <deleted> always happens, so better be prepared 

5 hours ago, cmjl said:

I don't know what they're whinging at,in the UK the official age for getting your state pension is now 66 and proposed to increase to 67 for those born after April 1960

I agree. I had to wait till I was 65 before I could claim my pittance that isn't enough to rent a decent place.

Those French protestors need to get a life IMO.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I agree. I had to wait till I was 65 before I could claim my pittance that isn't enough to rent a decent place.

Those French protestors need to get a life IMO.

Perhaps they already have a life and don’t want to follow the example you yourself are setting and have outline above.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 4/15/2023 at 5:25 PM, Chomper Higgot said:

I’m all in favor of protests against Governments reducing rights, but please ‘burning bikes’, there are limits.

Unfortunately they have already set light to all the wheelie bins and most of the rest of the street furniture, and hurled them at the gendarmes!

Me, USA govt soc sec age 66 (born 1954)

life expectancy 67.7 yrs of age

Brother 67 (born 1960) life exp about same

Now, male life expectancy USA 74.5

France 79.2 yrs of age

Female life expectancy always longer. 80.2 / 85.3

Not counting all the holidays & time off EU countries (FR - 30 days) get vs USA workers get.   Some 1 or 2 weeks...total.  High side maybe 4 weeks, 10 nat. holidays.

Edited by KhunLA