Biden’s poll numbers look grim as he preps for reelection bid

onthedarkside

image.png.c492eab18c0c5b96f4ad8d677bc3ec82.png

Joe Biden became president promising a 180-degree turn from Donald Trump.

But the two men do have one big thing in common: similarly poor approval ratings heading into the start of their reelection bids.

Biden has not yet officially announced he’s running again next year, though he has said he plans to. Polls show his approval rating is hovering in the low 40s, right around the mark where some of his predecessors who were denied second terms sat at this point of their presidencies.

READ MORE

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/04/15/bidens-base-blues-the-president-heads-into-2024-with-his-party-feeling-meh-about-him-00092190

image.png.7fd4571afc698634888746d908d44a87.png

4 hours ago, 300sd said:

Come to think of it there has been a huge change:

Record-high inflation, proxy war with Russia, open borders, loss of energy independence, looming recession, reckless spending, woke agenda, increase in violent crimes, polarized nation! I especially like that Inflation reduction act....yep let's vote the shill in again for more happiness!

-

I think a lot of that is true. And you know what? If Trump is the opponent, Biden is still going to win.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, JonnyF said:

I guess that’s what happens when you are elected on the basis of not being your opponent. 
<Snip>

So that's why Trump had such a hard time. Nobody ever got elected as much as Trump on basis of 'not being your opponent '.

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, placeholder said:

His first 2 years saw extraordinary legislative accomplishments despite having the narrowest of majorities in the Senate. Not only did he manage to raise taxes on the rich, but he also provided powerful funding to the IRS which will enable the govt to severely hinder the tax evasions of the wealthy.

And now there is a NLRB, the labor board, is on side of workers.

One of his biggest achievements will disallow the use of non-compete agreements which enable businesses to keep working people from selling their labor for what it is worth.

And there is a huge push toward renewables which is overwhelmingly popular with the American people.

He accomplished far mar in 2 his first 2 years than his predecessor did.

And as for the nonsense about his mental condition, just lots of silly gotchas. Biden has always made gaffes. When he stops making gaffes, that the time to be concerned. 

Joe stopped  "making gaffes" a while ago.  He now has lapses of memory and difficulty speaking that can't be explained away by being a stutter or just "Joe being Joe". 

I am looking forward to a fresh set of faces in BOTH parties for the next election.  I am thinking a Christie/Kristi ticket for the GOP would be fab- Chris Christie for President and Kristi Noem for VP.  Classic beauty and the beast. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Funny. It was you who claimed that Fetterman's interview on CBS proved he was a vegetable. I found that interview and that was clearly and overwhelmingly an untruth told by you.

Recently 2009 referred to a speech by Joe Biden in which he claimed that Biden had made illegitmate threats against Trump. Not only wasn't it true but Biden was alert, making jokes, and speaking in long sentences. Maybe this corresponds to your idea of dementia. But was we know, your judgement is defective.

Fetterman's interview was sliced and diced more than a Chinese stir fry.  It was 7 minutes of fluff and 2 minutes of selected footage with that well known hard questioner, Jane Pauley.  

Biden doesn't have the strength to make threats, legitimate or otherwise.  Look at his interactions with the press, or lack thereof. He is the least accessable President in recent memory.  It is painfully obvious that his handlers (rightly) do not trust him to be alone in front of the press. He is in decline and anyone who has eyes can see it.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I hope Harris agrees to be his VP pick so that when, I hope, he fails to get elected she is gone as well. I have this recurring image of her getting to be POTUS by default- the horror, the horror!

Strange reasoning from a self proclaimed progressive who only favoured Trump because the opponent was Hillary.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, stevenl said:

Strange reasoning from a self proclaimed progressive who only favoured Trump because the opponent was Hillary.

I don't follow your post.

I didn't like Hillary and I don't like Harris, and I'd vote for anyone that wasn't them if I was able. I've often said I'd have voted for Bernie had he been an option.

Perhaps you can provide some evidence that I'm a self proclaimed progressive, whatever you mean by that.

I'd prefer things the way they were in the 1950s to early 60s, before the Vietnam war started, so I don't think I'm a progressive.

• Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, Hanaguma said:

Joe stopped  "making gaffes" a while ago.  He now has lapses of memory and difficulty speaking that can't be explained away by being a stutter or just "Joe being Joe". 

I am looking forward to a fresh set of faces in BOTH parties for the next election.  I am thinking a Christie/Kristi ticket for the GOP would be fab- Chris Christie for President and Kristi Noem for VP.  Classic beauty and the beast. 

Never heard of Kristi, but I hope she is the beauty you refer to. Christie is not many's idea of beauty!

• Haha 1