If you witnessed a man beating a woman to a pulp in public, would you intervene?

bob smith

22 hours ago, jaywalker2 said:

I remember the story about a farang in On Nut who saw two thais steal the phone of a farang woman. He gave chase and ended up stabbed while she disappeared.

Similar story. In London I was on the tube late at night and saw a guy snatch a phone from a girl and try to escape out of the door. I didn't think about it and tried to stop him, but he escaped. Had I thought about it I don't think I'd have tried as he was young and strong and could have stabbed me.

There were several other guys in the carriage, but none tried to help me as I was wrestling with the guy, not even the girl that lost the phone.

On 4/17/2023 at 12:29 PM, jvs said:

Yes you are right,even the woman may turn on you

Correct.

More often than not, this is exactly what happens - whether you’re in Thailand or in the West. Part and parcel of the psychopathology of the battered woman, unfortunately.

• Like 1

On 4/22/2023 at 6:15 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

Similar story. In London I was on the tube late at night and saw a guy snatch a phone from a girl and try to escape out of the door. I didn't think about it and tried to stop him, but he escaped. Had I thought about it I don't think I'd have tried as he was young and strong and could have stabbed me.

There were several other guys in the carriage, but none tried to help me as I was wrestling with the guy, not even the girl that lost the phone.

Was you subconsciously thinking that she may let you have sex with her if you helped her ?