Laos (Nong Khai) border bounce Without Lao Visa.

You will need to obtain a visa to enter Laos.

Best to obtain eVisa. 

Of course you need to enter Laos obtain entry stamp to Laos and then reenter Thailand to obtain 30 day visa exempt entry stamp. 

Don't know what you mean by "unlimited at the moment" 

You are allowed 2 visa exempt entry via land borders per calendar year. 

• Thumbs Up 1

You are not allowed to walk over this bridge.

Thai Immigration won't let you in without a Laos exit stamp. To get the exit stamp you will need to get both, the visa sticker (unless you have an eVisa) and the entry stamp.

As far as I know, Thailand allows 2 visa-free entrys per year. Unlimited (at the discretion of the airport's IOs) are only arrivals by air.

Edited by StayinThailand2much

As stated by others, to complete a border bounce, you must enter and leave Laos. Assuming you are ineligible for a Laos visa exemption (most of us) you need a visa to enter Laos. Your choice is a visa-on-arrival (cheapest, but takes up a full page in your passport for the visa sticker, and might take a bit of time if there is a queue) or an evisa (more expensive, takes three days, saves space in your passport, may be much quicker at the border). If applying for the visa-on-arrival, make sure you have clean, undamaged US currency. It will be substantially more expensive if you pay in baht.

I can confirm that Immigration at this border crossing rarely hassle arriving travellers.

48 minutes ago, totsakan said:

Which countries are you talking about? The way you say it sounds like an unwritten  rule that seems to be the norm these days.

One such country is Malaysia. Malaysian entering Thailand over the Southern border are entitled to unlimited visa exempt entries. (It is a written, not an unwritten, rule.)

Edited by BritTim

1 hour ago, totsakan said:

Which countries are you talking about? The way you say it sounds like an unwritten  rule that seems to be the norm these days.

Ok, only ASEAN members I guess. I though it could have included some European countries.

thank you

3 hours ago, BritTim said:

As stated by others, to complete a border bounce, you must enter and leave Laos. Assuming you are ineligible for a Laos visa exemption (most of us) you need a visa to enter Laos. Your choice is a visa-on-arrival (cheapest, but takes up a full page in your passport for the visa sticker, and might take a bit of time if there is a queue) or an evisa (more expensive, takes three days, saves space in your passport, may be much quicker at the border). If applying for the visa-on-arrival, make sure you have clean, undamaged US currency. It will be substantially more expensive if you pay in baht.

I can confirm that Immigration at this border crossing rarely hassle arriving travellers.

I did visa on arrival at Savannakhet, and the Lao Cop asked for 1800 in baht. I had US notes, but would rather keep them.

I later did an exchange rate and I paid = $52.75 so I was ripped off paying in Baht. 

I would have gone e-visa, for the reasons you mentioned alone, but left it too late (3 working days minimum). 

22 hours ago, chalawaan said:

I did visa on arrival at Savannakhet, and the Lao Cop asked for 1800 in baht. I had US notes, but would rather keep them.

I later did an exchange rate and I paid = $52.75 so I was ripped off paying in Baht. 

I would have gone e-visa, for the reasons you mentioned alone, but left it too late (3 working days minimum). 

E Visa's the same price.