Apply for non-o retirement Visa tm30 from hotel not accepted?

Hi,

Today I try to apply for the non-o visa retirement and already update the tm-30 ( today ) with the certificate letter from the hotel.

So, another IO said with me that only house-condo owned or rented contract ( 6 months or 12 months) are accepted...

Before is like this ? Sorry my question

I forget( chonmburi immigration jomtien)

Thank you 

• Thumbs Up 1

With all respect to your life and living style it very makes sense that IO didnt accept your immigrant extension. For the IO it doesnt make sense that an immigrant is/can live in a hotel for the rest of his retirement life instead of can rent a house or condo with more cheaper rent or else. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 9
  • Sad 2

5 hours ago, RB7829 said:

Is not extension ... is first time application

so, do you think what i wrote will be difficult or the IO will think different even though its your first extension. Will it still make sense for IO that you will live in a hotel in your retirement?

• Confused 7
  • Sad 3

14 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

The OP seems to have entered on visa exempt or tourist visa and subsequently applying for non O retirement.

A TM30 should have been accepted. 

Unfortunately he is dealing with mad hatter immigration office AKA Jomtien.

Read BritTim post above.

Your post is not helpful. 

Yes I enter visa exempt, how is Rayong immigration about tm30 from Hotel?

13 minutes ago, RB7829 said:

It's always guesswork in Thailand.

Rayong for example has bad reports regards online 90 day reporting. (unless I have mixed that up with another imm office) 

The fact is TM30 should be sufficient given that many taking same pathway as you are in process of deciding where to sign a lease. 

• Thumbs Up 1

23 minutes ago, RB7829 said:

If you would still like to use Jomtien immigration, talk to your hotel manager and explain your problem. They might be willing to help you out by providing you with a long-term rental agreement on the basis that its conditions will not, in practice, be enforced.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, RB7829 said:

just remember when applying for a NON O you must have at least 15 days left on your visa exempt entry plus 800,000 baht in the bank on the day of application, also it must show that it came from a foreign source. I use Rayong Immigration never a problem in seven years but have never used a hotel TM30

11 hours ago, problemfarang said:

so, do you think what i wrote will be difficult or the IO will think different even though its your first extension. Will it still make sense for IO that you will live in a hotel in your retirement?

He's living in a hotel now. When he moves into a condo, the landlord will have to file a TM30 and he will have to report his address every 90 days.  So there shouldn't be anu problem.

Plus, a lot of foreigners do live in hotels particularly in Pattaya. Nothing wrong with that either.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, problemfarang said:

For the IO it doesnt make sense that an immigrant is/can live in a hotel for the rest of his retirement life instead of can rent a house or condo with more cheaper rent or else. 

I lived in a Hotel for a year, ocean view. When I went for my annual extension renewal they told me that need a form filled by hotel which was different than the usual TM-30 form. I went back to the hotel and I was back to immigration in an hour and no problem. I just don't remember the form (it was in Thai). 
That is all about retirement, enjoy your last years as a free man. We are retired, not prisoners that is what I told the IO when I was asked: "why I keep moving around". 
Do it by rules and everything will be ok. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

15 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

The OP seems to have entered on visa exempt or tourist visa and subsequently applying for non O retirement.

A TM30 should have been accepted. 

Unfortunately he is dealing with mad hatter immigration office AKA Jomtien.

Read BritTim post above.

Your post is not helpful. 

Hmm.. so why the IO didnt do then? Was it OP's unlucky day? 

If a hotel tm30 is enough and have examples showing this then i think IO should quit and get a new one

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

22 hours ago, problemfarang said:

With all respect to your life and living style it very makes sense that IO didnt accept your immigrant extension. For the IO it doesnt make sense that an immigrant is/can live in a hotel for the rest of his retirement life instead of can rent a house or condo with more cheaper rent or else. 

I know 2 older woman, they life in a hotel since many years. And they don't want change to a condo or a house!

And especially in the beginning I think makes even more sense, as to check out where you probably want to settle down for a longer period. As someone else already mentioned. If you book a hotel for longer period more than 1 month, they can give you really good deals.

@RB7829Maybe you need to fill out a special form, which the hotels states that you will stay there long term...

33 minutes ago, mokwit said:

Looking at these boards it seems we are heading towards visa application requirements that can't be met. They are just becoming so rigid and pedantic.

Immigration bosses want agent money IMO.  

35 minutes ago, mokwit said:

Looking at these boards it seems we are heading towards visa application requirements that can't be met. They are just becoming so rigid and pedantic.

The problem is each Immigration Office seems to have its own way of interpreting the 'rules'?

There is no constancy between offices and even different officers in the same office will have his or her own rules. This can make it very frustrating?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The Theory said:

I lived in a Hotel for a year, ocean view. When I went for my annual extension renewal they told me that need a form filled by hotel which was different than the usual TM-30 form. I went back to the hotel and I was back to immigration in an hour and no problem. I just don't remember the form (it was in Thai). 
That is all about retirement, enjoy your last years as a free man. We are retired, not prisoners that is what I told the IO when I was asked: "why I keep moving around". 
Do it by rules and everything will be ok. 

You get the point.... Thank you so much for understanding 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, lungbing said:

Perhaps living in a hotel is cheaper than renting.  Your water and electricty are included, as is bedding and towel laundry, room cleaning,  TV and internet access and perhaps even breakfast.

It all makes perfect sense to YOU but IO thinks otherwise and perhaps rightly so. How long would an immigration officer expect a person to be living in a hotel???

Perhaps if you draw up a properly that will work. Short of that I think they're well within their rights to deny you.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, problemfarang said:

Hmm.. so why the IO didnt do then? Was it OP's unlucky day? 

If a hotel tm30 is enough and have examples showing this then i think IO should quit and get a new one

I hope is just " one " unlucky day here in Thailand... You know... already  try Philippines and I don't like so much ... But when I come here in Pattaya, post COVID, everything changed...

Chinese and Russian everywhere, cars everywhere... Not easy to find a good condo with a good price... And then immigration treath you like a s.....  Noooo this is not fine...

Really I try to get this visa , maybe with a agent ...

But "if" cannot and I have MANY unlucky days... I quit ( I don't want to go back in my country)

If I'm not welcome in Thailand... .... Goodbye 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, RB7829 said:

I hope is just " one " unlucky day here in Thailand... You know... already  try Philippines and I don't like so much ... But when I come here in Pattaya, post COVID, everything changed...

Chinese and Russian everywhere, cars everywhere... Not easy to find a good condo with a good price... And then immigration treath you like a s.....  Noooo this is not fine...

Really I try to get this visa , maybe with a agent ...

But "if" cannot and I have MANY unlucky days... I quit ( I don't want to go back in my country)

If I'm not welcome in Thailand... .... Goodbye 

well.. every one in this post said you can and it was some kind of unlucky day. 

If i were you i would try again with some kind of different paper from the hotel? or new printed version of it? 

i totally agree with Chinese and Russians thing. Thats why IO takes things seriously.. 

good luck

8 hours ago, flexomike said:

u must have at least 15 days left on your visa exempt entry plus 800,000 baht in the bank on the day of application

Which is always  the Catch 22 for me, the banks wont open an account until I have the "Retirement VIsa", I can't get said visa because I don't have a bank account to put the Baht in... ( i tried this several times when I visited pre covid running around to banks people said would open an account with a 30 Day visa waiver who when in there would not open an account)

I am fine with some paperwork and back and forth but after 5 banks I gave up. Of course I can apply in my home country (Australia) and get the visa that way and arrive and open a bank account presumably...but when I get back to Aus that never seems of interest ????

19 hours ago, BritTim said:

Not a few retirees do live in hotels as it simplifies matters significantly. Some hotels will offer you a sweet deal if you sign a contract for several months. Less than 15,000 baht a month for a nice room is quite common. Living alone has benefits, but that must be balanced against other factors.

Quite. About 20 years ago when I went to Pattaya regularly I knew an Australian who lived in the Bay Breeze Hotel permanently. He had rented 2 adjoining rooms and had the bed removed from one to use as a lounge.

• Like 1