What happened here?

The seemingly high number of Thai women involved in the sex industry in Thailand seems to dismiss any reluctantance of their independence from men other than as paying "partners."

And as already noted, many more Thai women than than men, especially in the low income and educational brackets, appear to try to self-start their own, albeit barely capitalized small businesses, to survive without "sugar daddies." 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Confuscious said:

But when i look at thaivisa.com, all the woman in there ask for a man who want to support them.

In the women's forum? Seriously?

21 hours ago, Confuscious said:

Did woman indepency went wrong in Thailand?

Observation bias and false judgment ("wrong"). Lot of independent women in Thailand, and a women can choose to be independent if she chooses. My gf has a management position in a company and her own money. Never asked for a baht from me.

One could argue, BTW, that Thai women are simply less brainwashed and able to retain common sense in their own, and men's, best interests. As The Redheaded Libertarian explained today,

8 hours ago, LaosLover said:

It's economics. If I get tired of being Hugh Hefner in Thailand, I can move to Somalia and be Elon Musk.

Or you could be Bob Guccione in Colombia????

Any more "could be in....."?

Maybe the thread "could be" fun?

Edited by Enoon
  • Haha 1

Bob Guiccione was a god to me. At least in the realm of over-done neck jewelry. Few people were as awash in such brilliant bad taste, and that's even with backing out Caligula.

I'd rather be Bob Guccione than the the other two. By a mile. 

51 minutes ago, WilliamSmits said:

Lots of males and other sexes online and  looking for sponsors too.

Demand for the female kind is just larger..

From the clip:
"If you can not or nor want to support your Thai girlfriend, go back to your country and find a girlfriend there because ASIAN CULTURE is about supporting your girlfriend."

On 4/26/2023 at 11:31 AM, Confuscious said:

From the clip:
"If you can not or nor want to support your Thai girlfriend, go back to your country and find a girlfriend there because ASIAN CULTURE is about supporting your girlfriend."

Does she mean purely financial?  I think there are simply not enough cases of the woman being supported by the male in Asian culture to make this true.

There are just too many working women and not enough house wives for it to be true.

Personally, I wouldn't trust a Thai woman saying "Hey foreign man.  The man supports the woman in our culture".  There's simply too much in it for them and "it is the culture" is often used to manipulate foreigners.

Edited by BangkokReady