Banglamung Police Bust Chinese Tourists for Violating Immigration Regulations

webfact

3 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

They're Immigration Officers!   Perhaps there were suspicions that they were involved in other activities not related to the Immigration offences?

According to the article they were not just immigration officers?

"Banglamung Police and immigration raided two houses of Chinese tourists in the Takhian Tia sub-district of Banglamung district, Chonburi today, April 23rd, after an investigation revealed that some individuals had not complied with regulations of the immigration office."

But that's not the point.

There are 7 officers wasting time and space getting pictures taken, yet again, as this seems to happen on a daily basis, over what seems to be a very minor incident?

If they had found drug smugglers or arms smugglers or some similar serious offense, I could kind of understand it, the picture taking, but this is totally ludicrous! This according to the article is over the fact the 'perps' did not notify the immigration office of where they were staying?

Now OK someone should have filled out the TM30 and submitted it, but to be treated like this is unconscionable!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Srikcir said:

"like the 90-day report"

I don't see the comparison to what tourists must report.

I compared the 90 day report to the officialdom of the TM30....and the fact both can be done on-line with relative ease. You want to make an argument out of that... you are just being silly!

Edited by jacko45k

11 hours ago, mikeymike100 said:

Absolutely, you would think they would have better things to do, like finding 'real criminals'

What a waste of police manpower?

Are they Immigration police, or ordinary police.

Different jobs.

• Confused 1

8 hours ago, NONG CHOK said:

Do IO's check people at random to see whether they're living at the address on their TM30?  Or do they only check out people that have been grassed on. In all my bar hopping days over a 20 year period I've yet to come across any one who has been found out not residing at the address on their TM30.

It's clearly a crackdown on all mainland Chinese Due to the recent ransom craze, and the fact that their buddies in brown lost face being nabbed selling dodgy visas to triads. 

When it come to police action here, not much is done here because they woke up with a hard-on for truth justice and the saffron toga way. 

7 hours ago, JimmyJ said:

What % of Tourists have any idea that they are responsible for filing a TM30 if the lodgings owner hasn't done so?

Most tourists don't have to unless they want an extension. Once you go for an extension, you will find out if it is required by your IO office or not. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, billd766 said:

Are they Immigration police, or ordinary police.

Different jobs.

Yes different jobs, but actually they were both there:

"Banglamung Police and immigration raided two houses of Chinese tourists in the Takhian Tia sub-district of Banglamung district, Chonburi today"

But 7 cops of whichever persuasion standing getting pictures taken over a very minor 'crime' is a total waste of manpower!

On 4/23/2023 at 9:27 PM, webfact said:

...As a result, they were brought under custody and fined 4,000 baht each, before being released...

I wonder if they got a receipt for it and what the receipt said. 4,000 Baht is not the standard fine for violation of section 38 of the Immigration Act. Based on receipts for this I have seen posted on this forum, the fine is 800 Baht.