Busiest parts of high season

Hal65

I feel like January has a lull where the girls go back home for a bit. And February may be 2nd busiest after December. So if I wanted to budget for 2 months out of country it might look like

• December 8 to January 7
  • Feb 1 to March 2

Do you guys agree or disagree?

33 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

What is your concern?

Busy? Girls? Do you want one or all of them only for yourself?

Or do you want to be in crowd in every bar?

What's your idea? 

Looking to do my traveling when tourism's at its peak. I think December and February are the highs (ignoring Songkran week) but someone let me know if that's incorrect.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Hal65 said:

Looking to do my traveling when tourism's at its peak. I think December and February are the highs (ignoring Songkran week) but someone let me know if that's incorrect.

Travelling to Thailand or away from Thailand?

What is it that you either love so much or bugs you so much about being around the maximum amount of other tourists possible?

If people have a better idea of what you are trying to achieve, they may be better placed to help or give advice.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JayClay said:

Travelling to Thailand or away from Thailand?

What is it that you either love so much or bugs you so much about being around the maximum amount of other tourists possible?

If people have a better idea of what you are trying to achieve, they may be better placed to help or give advice.

Reads like he simply wants to avoid the high numbers of tourist.   One of the main reasons we rarely traveled during high season (except during covid),    Along with higher cost and more pollution.

20 people on the beach is too much for me, let alone a few 100.  Qs at better restaurants, some with high season prices.  Hotels not an issue for him since living in Patts, but usually 2X as much vs low season, at better place.  Making their jacked up weekend rate during low season, a bargain in comparison.

Using Phuket, Hua Hin & Bangkok for my reference.  Some silly pricing during high season.

1 hour ago, KhunLA said:

Using Phuket, Hua Hin & Bangkok for my reference.  Some silly pricing during high season.

As far as I know the principle is known as supply and demand.

When lots of people want the same, then it can be sold at a higher price.

And if only few people want it at a specific time, then the same is sold for a lower price.

I think that makes a lot of sense - not only in Thailand.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

As far as I know the principle is known as supply and demand.

When lots of people want the same, then it can be sold at a higher price.

And if only few people want it at a specific time, then the same is sold for a lower price.

I think that makes a lot of sense - not only in Thailand.

Agree, and expected, but simply avoided by us, as more pleasurable off season, with savings.  The luxury of choice, that many don't have. 

Most travels the cusp of hi/low season, so almost as nice as high season, with less tourist.

1 hour ago, KhunLA said:

Reads like he simply wants to avoid the high numbers of tourist.   One of the main reasons we rarely traveled during high season (except during covid),    Along with higher cost and more pollution.

I read it as he wants to be here when there are the most tourists.

7 hours ago, Hal65 said:

Seems he thinks the amount of working girls is tied to how many tourists are around, and he wants the biggest selection possible. January is just as busy as December and February. 

Just now, marin said:

I read it as he wants to be here when there are the most tourists.

Seems he thinks the amount of working girls is tied to how many tourists are around, and he wants the biggest selection possible. January is just as busy as December and February. 

I read as the opposite, as states 'location' is Patts.  Must be my ingrained mindset of 'avoid' ????

OP ???

I want to leave Pattaya, my home base, during the busiest two months. I believe December and February are those two months. Of prime concern is how busy the bar areas are.

3 hours ago, Hal65 said:

I want to leave Pattaya, my home base, during the busiest two months. I believe December and February are those two months. Of prime concern is how busy the bar areas are.

Dec and Jan are the busiest months, go away then