Visa run crackdowns?

4 minutes ago, bigt3116 said:

Wow, when was "that time"?

I had a buddy who many moons ago told me he was going on a visa run to Mae Sai. I said "you mean a border run don't you, there's no nearby consulate".

He got very angry and I thought he was going to hit me ????

• Like 1

1 hour ago, visarunner said:

Savannakhet has recently becoming stricter and stricter. Not an easy destination anymore.

That is important information. Are they only strict on tourist visas? It it possible to give guidelines on when you are likely to be denied?

• Thumbs Up 1

18 hours ago, RonJr said:

YES, thailand is doing crackdown's on visa runs, even in BKK this last two months!

Main Takeaway (Stay Away from Poipet for any visa runs or other resets etc.) 

This is a very complicated subject similar to Marijuanna only being for “Medical” but regionally / selectively enforced or allowed freely,……if you find the more farang friendly crossings, embassy and air you will encounter less issues after using to many on arrival visas, there is still a limit to the border runs and after 6–8 they will begin to deny you over land. Even in airport as demonstrated thru recent Bkk crack downs!!

Never Use Poipet! I’ve gotten thru one time w My Big Bike / Greenbook/ Bike-Visa and returned week later after Ankor Wat luckily,

however last week after attempting the same thing in order to get my long time visa; / reset my clock they instructed me to cross into Cambodia and return for my bike minutes later to allow paper/visa  processing w big boss then denied me entry back in to my bike even and I had all documentation in order and the almost psychotic militant & fussy overweight thai lady officer couldn’t lose an inch of face so she immediately refused me and began to yell, like a stupid loud farang would be expected to. They demonstrated COMPLETE AND UTTER IGNORANCE VS. non-bias equal respect shown and simple enforcement/up-holding of the proper law… to which the Embassy honored and Issued me a Three Month Visa just two days later in Phenom Phen!!!!!!!! Because of thier ignorance or defiance to the thai governments official policies poipet immigration officials are very racist and agressive toward farang and will not allow same day return (ever) however the border south hat Lek presented none of the issues and pass thru farang just fine. 

Thailand has certain areas in which the head of the government authority doesn’t even have control over, similar to areas controlled by militias near the Malaysia border they don’t talk about…. But for borders , such as……….. the poipet border crossing where some yell and act similar to a 1900 German Soldier, in which the thai government’s official Embassy Website states even likens (about their own immigration officers stating they are quote  “MILITANT & FUSSY”, which in incredible considering your rarely hear a official thai institution slander their own institution and warn the public in their own website… here is the link and snippet from the website very informative. 

this is just my two cents, A subject that merits much more in depth analysis/discussion however I’ll leave it there for now. 

HTTPS://www.thaiembassy.com/thailand/thailands-land-borders
OFFICIAL STATEMENT QUOTED:

Some crossings are known to be a bit more problematic than others, most noticeably the Aranyaprathet/Poipet crossing into Cambodia, where you will find very militant and fussy immigration officers as well as a swarm of people trying to get money out of you. Quieter crossings such as Savannakhet/Mukdahan will likely be less of a headache, however, crossing the border will still take you around half an hour or so, depending on how busy it is. The attitude of the immigration officials also appears to vary between the different crossings, with some being friendly and polite and others downright rude and obstructive, really it’s pot luck what you will experience on any particular day. Also, you should be aware that there is a rule that you can only obtain two visa-exempt entries at land borders per calendar year, but there is no such restriction by air.

Another thing to mention is that the days of the “border bounce”, i.e. just going across the border and coming almost immediately to obtain a new visa-exempt entry are well and truly over. Once a very common and easy practice, now the Thai immigration officials see this as an abuse of the visa rules and will almost certainly refuse entry. Therefore you should plan to spend a few days in the neighboring country before trying to come back in or even obtain a new visa at a Thai embassy rather than relying on a visa-exempt entry. There is a huge amount of variation and inconsistency between different land border crossings when thinking about how they interpret and apply the rules, two people crossing with the same travel history may get very different outcomes, depending on the immigration officer they are faced with.

In total there are more than 20 land border crossings in Thailand, here we will take a look at the most useful and commonly used ones.

COMPLETE and UTTER IGNORANCE, Racist, aggressive..........using these terms makes it very understandable why you are treated this way...maybe a course in politeness and patience might get you more acceptance from officials.

• Thumbs Up 1

19 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Your post doesn't make sense.

Thailand kept making covid extensions available beyond time when borders were open.

Generous imo. 

Regards your reference to Chinese...they require a visa.

I'm guessing you are able to enter visa exempt.

That also was a generous increase to 45 days for a period of time. 

I recently went to Vietnam and only option to me (Oz) was single entry tourist visa 30 days.

Check out all the options for trouble free stay in Thailand.

METV easy and can provide up to 9 months. 

Hells Bells. 

Take a trip to most  neighbouring countries. 

Just get a visa (required) 

Maybe your memory isn't so good, they even threatened people with jail if they stayed and their visa wasn't in order, then a day or 2 before the deadline they extended. How foolish it was and their more recent actions are on par!!

9 minutes ago, paul1804 said:

Maybe your memory isn't so good, they even threatened people with jail if they stayed and their visa wasn't in order, then a day or 2 before the deadline they extended. How foolish it was and their more recent actions are on par!!

Borders are open.

Go home.