Cessna 172 sightseeing flight over Pattaya

Sandboxer

I would not get into a Pattaya local plane let alone some of the boats I've seen on the water. Didn't a restaurant boat almost sink in Pattaya bay? Wasn't it just floating? How does that happen anyhow? Perhaps grossly ignoring common maintenance?

Edited by likerdup1

On 4/27/2023 at 9:05 AM, Hummin said:

You merely looking at a aeroclub club price where pilots collecting hours at your suggested price. Parts and service for Cessna's is difficult innThailand, and if any problem, the plane is grounded for months if not year. I know how much struggle the Skydiving business struggled with this for many years in Thailand. 

First of all, I would never stepped in to an Cessna without a parachute in Thailand. Good luck

3 hours ago, Doctor Tom said:

The last statement was a joke, a not very good one obviously. 

The point I was trying to make, is that rocking up to a pleasure flight company, jumping into a C172, without knowing the experience, competence, qualification or hours of the pilot you are trusting with your life, especially here in LOS, is not a good idea, There is a very good reason why the US recently introduced the 1,500 hours minimum  for all new First Officers in airlines. As I think you are saying, experience is safety, usually, I too have some thousands of hours and I owned my own PA28-201 for many years.  My training, yonks ago,  was as a Military Pilot and I brought that experience to my private flying. What I saw at my flying club often used to horrify me, but it takes all kinds.  Personally, knowing the slack application of rules, and of equipment , that we see here, I would not take a private flight. 

After all, I belive we agree on most. Have a nice day

3 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

"...driving safely but it doesn't happen".

Yes, it does for the millions of Thais who, every year, do not have problems with driving on the roads, they probably wouldn't agree with your sentiment, nor your topic-derailing attempt.

Thailand has the worst driving record in the world and you come out with such nonsense,

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Got anything empirical to back that claim?  Examples of the "plenty of Thai PPL holders who have died" would be a good place to start.

Joke mate, although the majority of flying accidents are in the general aviation sector.  See my FAA quote in another post. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

Thailand has the worst driving record in the world and you come out with such nonsense,

No it doesnt, but don't let facts get in the way of a good quote 

From google: Lebanon, India, and Malaysia are all in the top five for worst drivers in the world, with the US, Turkey, and Canada all featuring in the top 10, too.Feb 1, 2566 BE

7 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Are you quoting US requirements?!    The same US that has a worse, overall, air safety record than Thailand?

Read the post before you reply 

Oh, I did.  How about reading my post that you quoted here before you reply and answer my question?

8 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Got anything empirical to back that claim?  Examples of the "plenty of Thai PPL holders who have died" would be a good place to start.

Joke mate, although the majority of flying accidents are in the general aviation sector.

No, it clearly was not intended as a joke until you were called out on it, it was another lie.

5 hours ago, jacko45k said:
8 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

"...driving safely but it doesn't happen".

Yes, it does for the millions of Thais who, every year, do not have problems with driving on the roads, they probably wouldn't agree with your sentiment, nor your topic-derailing attempt.

Point out what was factually incorrect in my post that you quoted there, then.   Around 99.95% of the Thai population do not have problems on the roads.

13 hours ago, Doctor Tom said:

No it doesnt, but don't let facts get in the way of a good quote 

From google: Lebanon, India, and Malaysia are all in the top five for worst drivers in the world, with the US, Turkey, and Canada all featuring in the top 10, too.Feb 1, 2566 BE

And you post off topic a statement that doesn't even say who is. Thailand has been demoted to second worse, so what, Like someone else you simply troll. Tiger.